Author Topic: Weapon_Package_Complex - Receiver and FoF-inspired complex reloading systems!  (Read 21385 times)

10/10 addon, you going to add more weapons?

Finally, a weapon pack by somebody that can put together a nice, clean script.

thanks again OP I just went through the code and it's really, really forgetin clean

this is a really good weapon pack holy stuff

Thanks! ;)

I don't even personally consider all of it that clean and didn't really have a chance to fix anything up from the development version when Jack Noir suddenly decided to post it on the forum (it had already been public on my GitHub before then), so there may be some oddities in certain places.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:47:26 AM by portify »

while i'm sure this is a great add-on,

if the main selling point is the new reloading system
you should really describe how it works in detail, otherwise it's not that compelling for hosters just reading this topic to take the time getting it set up

edit: additionally it says malicious code detected on 'blockland glass' (seriously, glass is stuff. it's a broken content platform and the actual glass add-on itself breaks loads of other add-ons)
       just use a public file hosting service or host it on your own file server
reloading system involves manually taking out/putting in magazines, and filling the magazines with bullets. For revolvers, you manually slide out the revolver chamber, dump the empty casings, and fill the chambers with bullets before sliding it back into place.
this is done through a combination of light key, left click, and right click. light key takes out and puts in magazines, while left click = insert bullet and right click cycle through chambers on the revolver, IIRC.

is it possible for people to create more weapons using this as a base, like t+t?
looking through the code: although clean, it lacks commenting/documentation to explain how to utilize the support code to replicate the system on your own guns. i'm sure one could figure it out given enough time, but the system itself could probably be simplified - a lot of it goes towards details like sound and the advanced raycast system, making it harder to pick out the code relevant to reloading.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:34:26 AM by Conan »

This is really fun to use. I love it.

looking through the code: although clean, it lacks commenting/documentation to explain how to utilize the support code to replicate the system on your own guns. i'm sure one could figure it out given enough time, but the system itself could probably be simplified - a lot of it goes towards details like sound and the advanced raycast system, making it harder to pick out the code relevant to reloading.
About that, I'm planning to fully document the system later on so people will be able to create their own weapons.
There's also a lot of leftover code like lag compensation, etc.

I should also add more preferences so you can disable headshots and other things :v

The reason that it's hard to pick out the code for the reloading system because there isn't, it's just ordinary image states. Unless you're talking about saving things like chamber state/magazine on dropped weapons? In that case, it's not really specific to reloading (my "murdery space gamemode" used a similar system for keeping track of what was written on notepaper item), it's just itemprops.cs, which lets you associate a plain ScriptObject with an "instance of an item" (even while a player has it).

itemprops.cs, which lets you associate a plain ScriptObject with an "instance of an item" (even while a player has it).

Is that this?

edit: additionally it says malicious code detected on 'blockland glass' (seriously, glass is stuff. it's a broken content platform and the actual glass add-on itself breaks loads of other add-ons)
       just use a public file hosting service or host it on your own file server
You can still download the file even though it says that. if you read it you will have figured out that it is an automated system, so it takes no chances and will flag most complex add-ons. I've had glass for a while now and it works fine, never breaking any of my add-ons...

The reason that it's hard to pick out the code for the reloading system because there isn't, it's just ordinary image states. Unless you're talking about saving things like chamber state/magazine on dropped weapons? In that case, it's not really specific to reloading (my "murdery space gamemode" used a similar system for keeping track of what was written on notepaper item), it's just itemprops.cs, which lets you associate a plain ScriptObject with an "instance of an item" (even while a player has it).
i see. i meant both systems you said, not just one or the other. i'll have another go at it later i suppose, but i have my own reloading system idea fleshed out and will likely implement that first.

Do you think you could add brick damage to these weapons so they work with the prop mod?
I'm working on a project that allows you to place glass and other prop objects, but only the HE grenade can actually damage props.

due to how raycasts work/are called in this mod I'll have to write in support manually it seems.

could use more guns and maybe a few more explosives.