Author Topic: Weapon_Package_Complex - Receiver and FoF-inspired complex reloading systems!  (Read 21377 times)

Disabling lights in Slayer results in clips not being able to be loaded btw.  Will test normal minigames.

When i get my laptop back from the repair shop, im making a semi realistic infantry tdm with these guns. This is genius. Can you make modern era firearms as well?

reloading system involves manually taking out/putting in magazines, and filling the magazines with bullets. For revolvers, you manually slide out the revolver chamber, dump the empty casings, and fill the chambers with bullets before sliding it back into place.
this is done through a combination of light key, left click, and right click. light key takes out and puts in magazines, while left click = insert bullet and right click cycle through chambers on the revolver, IIRC.
looking through the code: although clean, it lacks commenting/documentation to explain how to utilize the support code to replicate the system on your own guns. i'm sure one could figure it out given enough time, but the system itself could probably be simplified - a lot of it goes towards details like sound and the advanced raycast system, making it harder to pick out the code relevant to reloading.
Thanks, that's much more informative than the OP regarding the actual reload system.

Sounds cumbersome for most of my purposes, but it would be great if I ever host a hardcore mode DM in first-person only or something. I'll try it out.

Disabling lights in Slayer results in clips not being able to be loaded btw.  Will test normal minigames.
Means that slayer is executed after the weapons and, therefore, is overriding the reload package.
Try exec("add-ons/weapon_package_complex/server.cs"); after loading and see if it helps? :V

doom/quake/Unreal tournament inspired weapon pack pls

this add-on is just broken
someone picked up an m1 garand and it spams the server with chat message all 'bug alerts'

yeah i got like 20 thousand bug alerts while hosting as well, so i just commented the bug alert out of the weapon script.

huh, that's really odd.
Hold on, if you use setItem chances are that's the cause.
Either way though there's no reason for that bug alert to be announce();d so yeah I'll get rid of that

EDIT: Pushed the update, please redownload
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:53:32 AM by Crystalwarrior »

After playing around with this for a little while longer, I came up with some little things that kind of turn me off.

1) The ammo disappears when you pick it up, making it difficult to fill up micro uzi magazines without spamming a 2 digit number of items.

2) Ammo named A: M1911, weapon is named Colt 1911 (caused initial confusion when I was looking for the gun after I picked up a mag)

3) You may have done this for balancing purposes, and I'm not going to pretend I know about guns past what I have learned by playing video games and information I have seen on the internet, but a 1911 chambered in .45 ACP with 15 rounds would normally have a magazine extending well past the bottom of the grip.

4) Colt Walker model is really gross...I'm sorry. I thought it might be the way the gun is in real life, but a quick search showed that the handle just looks really off from what it's supposed to look like.

Like I said, these are just small things, but I'm not sure how aware you are of them.

I think it would be nice if the spread on the weapons would work the same as in the H&K pack, in that single shots are usually accurate, even in fully automatic, high ammo capacity weapons (the downside is that these weapons usually have very low damage). In that pack, the semi automatic weapons begin to start using the brick up animation when the recoil gets out of control.

I am mentioning this because I see that the M1 Garand doesn't let you fire as fast as you can, which I am assuming is for balancing, but in the way I mentioned above, you can allow it to be used without making it seem like a one shot rifle, which it really isn't (a headshot won't even kill you, but the gun physically pushes you back when you shoot it).

I would also like to suggest a preference to automatically get rid of magazines when you eject them, to prevent point 1. I know already that empty magazines are automatically dropped if there is no space in your inventory.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:37:00 AM by Sami2ss »

A musket with a useable bayonette would make my day.

Also prefs to change headshot damage.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:16:35 PM by Notchbrine »

TODO:
  • Preferences for all the things
  • Events for adding/substracting/setting bullets
  • Make a topic that doesn't look like UTTER ASS
  • Some actual loving screenshots of the damn thing
  • Suggest more!

I got suggestions out the rear. I mean, there's SO MANY OPTIONS. Honestly though, I'd LOVE a WWII themed update. Mosin Nagant, MG42, Kar98k, Luger, M1 Carbine, and german Steil hand grenades. But that's just me, I love WW2 styled weapons :P

1) The ammo disappears when you pick it up, making it difficult to fill up micro uzi magazines without spamming a 2 digit number of items.
Are you talking about how individual unspent bullets take forever to fill up a magazine? If so, I'm planning to add addBullets and setBullets events later on.
2) Ammo named A: M1911, weapon is named Colt 1911 (caused initial confusion when I was
I think it made sense to name the ammo that way back when we were making it but I can change it to A: Colt 1911 later on
3)You may have done this for balancing purposes, and I'm not going to pretend I know about guns past what I have learned by playing video games and information I have seen on the internet, but a 1911 chambered in .45 ACP with 15 rounds would normally have a magazine extending well past the bottom of the grip.
The only real reason why I didn't do this the same way I did with Thompson is because I didn't want to have multiple image datablocks for Colt as well
4) Colt Walker model is really gross...I'm sorry. I thought it might be the way the gun is in real life, but a quick search showed that the handle just looks really off from what it's supposed to look like.

Yyyyyup. I don't deny that, Colt Walker looks pretty bad. If anyone wants to model me a new one though feel free to hit me up!
I think it would be nice if the spread on the weapons would work the same as in the H&K pack, in that single shots are usually accurate, even in fully automatic, high ammo capacity weapons (the downside is that these weapons usually have very low damage). In that pack, the semi automatic weapons begin to start using the brick up animation when the recoil gets out of control.
Personally I would stay away from this concept, seeing as all weapons have already been balanced around the ammo management more than anything. If you also had to constantly stop shooting just so you can actually hit it's going to get extremely annoying to use weapons like, say, thompson or Uzi.
Not to mention it would completely ruin the robustness of Colt 1911. God I love that thing.
I am mentioning this because I see that the M1 Garand doesn't let you fire as fast as you can, which I am assuming is for balancing, but in the way I mentioned above, you can allow it to be used without making it seem like a one shot rifle, which it really isn't (a headshot won't even kill you, but the gun physically pushes you back when you shoot it).
What? M1 Garand lets you fire pretty quickly from what I remember. Unless you mean it has a short delay where you can't fire after the animation?
I would also like to suggest a preference to automatically get rid of magazines when you eject them, to prevent point 1. I know already that empty magazines are automatically dropped if there is no space in your inventory.
Ahaha holy stuff that actually exists, I'll dig up the serverCmd for you in a second..
Alright, it's /DiscardEmptyMagazines 0 - 2. Leave it blank to get some info.
"Specify a number from 0 to 2 to change your magazine preferences."
"0 will not drop empty magazines for you, 1 will drop empty magazines unless it's your last, and 2 will always throw away empty magazines."

Gotta add more of these types of convenience commands later on and also document them :V

I don't deny that, Colt Walker looks pretty bad. If anyone wants to model me a new one though feel free to hit me up!

I've actually made a Colt Walker model a while ago, it wasn't all that bad but could use a little polishing though. If I find some spare time I could try to enhance the model a little bit.