Author Topic: [v2.0.1] Global Help  (Read 3073 times)

Couldn't you create a script that copied the contents of console.log into a mimic of it in the addons folder so it could be accessed, or would that not be possible?

Couldn't you create a script that copied the contents of console.log into a mimic of it in the addons folder so it could be accessed, or would that not be possible?

Not if you can't access console.log in the first place.

Not if you can't access console.log in the first place.
oh, how did I not think of that

I was sent this code, by the OP a little while ago (I've made a little change in there).
My experience in Torque is near to nothing compared to some of the people replying to this thread, but to rip from the console could you not use:
Code: [Select]
Function echo(%msg) {
    //send msg arg to online console
    %console = %console NL %msg;
    export("%console","config/server/liveconsole.cs");
    return Parent::echo(%msg);
}

I was sent this code, by the OP a little while ago (I've made a little change in there).
My experience in Torque is near to nothing compared to some of the people replying to this thread, but to rip from the console could you not use:
Code: [Select]
Function echo(%msg) {
    //send msg arg to online console
    %console = %console NL %msg;
    export("%console","config/server/liveconsole.cs");
    return Parent::echo(%msg);
}
99% sure you cannot overwrite the echo function, so no that wouldn't work.
Just tested, and no you can't.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:42:28 PM by Pah1023 »

That code doesn't even make any sense.

His didn't, but I got the idea of what he's trying to accomplish.

It looks like he is trying to apply the first method I explained.

Here is a theory that will not work:
Spamming all commands rapidly in the sequence of /a /b /c ... /ab /ac ... /hsatf ... etc you get the point
This will not work, because if you could only use words and numbers (36 characters), without any of the specials(' ] [ ; , . / etc) and it would be a max of a 10 word phrase, there are 254,186,856 possible combinations, which if you could send the commands at 1000 commands per second(which you can't, unless you have 0 ping which you don't.), it would take about 3 days. SO BASICALLY forget THAT IDEA

Also:
(I've made a little change in there).
Please send the unedited function.

Well, the original code doesn't matter, because neither approach is possible.

There's a little trick you can use though.

new ConsoleLogger(Logger, "config/dump.txt", false);
Logger.level = 2;
dumpConsoleFunctions();
Logger.delete();

The bad news: this will work exactly one time, because the ConsoleLogger is broken and doesn't detach properly. If you make another one later, it will write 2 lines for every console output, the next one will write 3 lines each, etc.

I don't know if badspot broke it while trying to stop it from writing to C:/blah paths, or if it was broken all the time.

Well, the original code doesn't matter, because neither approach is possible.

There's a little trick you can use though.

new ConsoleLogger(Logger, "config/dump.txt", false);
Logger.level = 2;
dumpConsoleFunctions();
Logger.delete();

The bad news: this will work exactly one time, because the ConsoleLogger is broken and doesn't detach properly. If you make another one later, it will write 2 lines for every console output, the next one will write 3 lines each, etc.

I don't know if badspot broke it while trying to stop it from writing to C:/blah paths, or if it was broken all the time.
Does this dump all "ConsoleFunctions" from the Client, or from the server?

client -> client
server -> server

client -> client
server -> server
So basically, it is insanely difficult to obtain the console commands / commands on a server, from a client, without the server and client exchanging packets.