Windows 7 PSA regarding Windows 10 upgrade (Forced upgrade)

Author Topic: Windows 7 PSA regarding Windows 10 upgrade (Forced upgrade)  (Read 6005 times)

This new update has completely destroyed my computer. It started around 10pm on Friday night and finally finished updating Saturday afternoon. Ever since then my computer has had some serious problems and I don't know what to do about it. It takes 10 minutes for the computer to start up, it's nearly impossible to switch between tabs and programs because of how slow and delayed my computer is and every single game runs at like ~10fps.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:39:59 AM by Ravencroft· »

Windows 10 broke the drivers on my $500 tablet, so I said forget off and reverted back to Win 7. I ain't dealin with that stuff again.

right now i'm usin windows 8.1 but i'm likely gonna switch because well, 8.1 is a pretty garbage OS in itself
my dad told me not to upgrade until like the last month they'll offer it free, hoping bugfixes come out in time

...they have released bugfixes, right?

Windows 10 is a terrible operating system. Don't use it and don't switch to it.

the only version of Windows that won't update is enterprise and you have to have a business to get that

I like W10 a lot, but forced updates are a super bad move MS. Come on.

I think they only appear forced because of people's auto update settings and how the set the windows 10 update to a "recommended" update, so it'll be automatically done. At least this was how it was meant to be apparently. http://www.computerworld.com/article/3029664/microsoft-windows/microsoft-pushes-windows-10-upgrade-using-tactic-it-once-called-a-mistake.html
I'd prefer them not to forcefully install windows 10 even this way, since many users will just let the update roll through not knowing that it's a massive "update"...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:36:23 PM by QuadStorm »

Windows 10 is great, I'm just a little upset about the part where this automatic update has made my computer unusable.

Was hesitant about win 10 but hey its great so far. only positives so far except that my intuos pro sometimes activates cortana or w/e its called
but siri does the same when im talking to my friend so lol

i think windows 10 is alright if you remove some things. i do think windows has gone downhill though. universal apps are a disaster, even more inconsistent ui, privacy and tracking concerns, etc. i think microsoft is going in the right direction open sourcing lots of interesting projects but they need to make some fixes to windows 10 for sure.

I haven't had problems with my laptop that came with windows 10, I am hesitant when updates role in though because a lot of times it breaks things or resets all my settings. tbh just turn off auto-update if you don't want w10, not sure why you wouldn't want it though unless there are certain things it breaks for you.

windows 10 is fast and amazing in my experiences with it but what the forget

Im conflicted as to whether I should upgrade to win10 during the last month in hopes theyll fix stuff (except they probably will not), or completely stay with win7. Win 10 had forced vsync on windowed/borderless games unless I fullscreen, and I am EXTREMELY pesky when it comes to input lag because the smallest amount of lag pisses me off. It also just had a bunch of issues I didnt want to deal with

I would do whatever stuff from that reddit to get the bloatware off, but im not feeling the mood to upgrade and run scripts to potentially wreck my PC and then have to reinstall windows