Author Topic: Windows 7 PSA regarding Windows 10 upgrade (Forced upgrade)  (Read 6017 times)

Barely anything. Just wait till a AAA game needs DX12 and they'll all move to it.
or just use vulkan lol

seems like ue4 and unity are going to support vulkan so theres no need to use dx12 exclusively.

i have both 3139929 and 3035583
i've disabled updates and completely removed gwx.exe and all related programs
just to be on the safe side, is there any way to remove those updates?
control panel > view installed updates
removing them is self explanatory from here.

my upgrade to windows 10 was flawless and everything I use works

I don't see the problem in it "breaking" things

but yeah I agree forced upgrades are eh

my upgrade to windows 10 was flawless and everything I use works

I don't see the problem in it "breaking" things

but yeah I agree forced upgrades are eh
when i tried it my gpu drivers were non existent and unable to install, audio didnt work at all, most programs were giving nonspecific errors, and almost nothing worked

if they force this update any harder i will fully move to linux and not look back, i dont give a stuff if i cant run half my steam games

when i tried it my gpu drivers were non existent and unable to install, audio didnt work at all, most programs were giving nonspecific errors, and almost nothing worked

if they force this update any harder i will fully move to linux and not look back, i dont give a stuff if i cant run half my steam games
I've upgraded at least 4 computers to windows 10 flawlessly I don't know how forgeted up your PC was but this sure as hell never happened to me.

I've upgraded at least 4 computers to windows 10 flawlessly I don't know how forgeted up your PC was but this sure as hell never happened to me.

let me make something clear

there is nothing wrong with my PC and i followed the instructions properly

before you blame the user how about you blame the item being used, especially when others are having problems for no reason

on windows update and i only see KB3035583, no KB3139929 and both are unchecked and optional
could be because ive already gone to windows 10 and then switched back to 7 but im not being forced into updating anything
auto updates are on tho

the only shady thing i see is the fact that it's listed as "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems" and says nothing about windows 10

is this a problem everyone but me is having or is this exaggerated

I love how windows 10 was sorta hyped up as the "better" windows for gaming, but when it was publicly released, it turned out to be the opposite

I mean, if you dont mind / have the issues (lucky for you), then yeah it would be better once games incorporate DX12

hasn't asked this on my laptop. i tried to upgrade once before, but the graphics are too weak.

My win7 is broken and won't update. I don't just mean to 10 I mean at all.

I don't mind though. Now I know why I'll sometimes wake up or come home from school and my computer will have been restarted.

Windows 10 is Spyware

Windows 10 is Spyware
so is windows 7
this isn't a new thing

provide evidence

i thought it was a given that microsoft allows the government to spy with their os.