Author Topic: School laptop, best suggestion?  (Read 1193 times)

If you're going for an academic laptop, i'd say the best option would be something along the Lenovo line

they make some really reliable and cheap laptops and also offer a lot of affordable pricing options. You could probably get a decent one for 250-350$ if you want to allocate that budget toward other things
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:18:19 AM by Path »

I would say macbook but they are out of your price-range

I would say macbook but they are out of your price-range
thanks for your input!!

thanks for your input!!
Anytime bb
I can also tell you if it is a buy!!

Go with a wndows laptop if your gonna be using it for school.

I really love my Toshiba Satellite E45 - B4100
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-E45-B4100-i5-5200U-Processor/dp/B00U9W5EE6
You can find it cheaper else where (hmm I cant seem to find it...) I payed $500 for it at best buy last summer

It's only 14" which makes it easier to carry. I put it in my laptop backpack. Its lightweight, think, and has brushed aluminum so it doesn't feel cheap and it feels sturdy. It looks really nice.

It's also full HD and has a backlit keyboard.

Edit: Oh by the way this laptop does NOT have a cd drive
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:47:22 AM by SlayerZ99 »

does your friend need it for anything special, like photoshop/3d models/video editing or stuff like that?

If he doesn't need anything powerful but wants really good portability, a Surface 3 with the type cover is really nice.

Medion lappy's
Powerfull and cheap

You can buy portable CD drives for about £5 now, its not a huge deal

I had an HP Pavillion that was around the price range like 3 years ago so it should be cheaper now, but I would reccomend looking at amazon warehouse deals, and any deals around your/his area. If you are looking for the best specs for price thats the way to go.