Author Topic: Hey guys, I punctured my lung and am in the hospital. - Going home  (Read 3236 times)

Yes but no mark on my torso to be able to say it was the culprit.
how did you fall while running? not trying to mock just generally curious

The park I went to run in has hills and a few holes from events and w/e. I stepped into one of the holes and fell onto a rock the size of my hand, face-first. Due to my ninja reflexes, it hit me on the belly and didn't damage my head.

The image was flipped so the lef tlung is my left lung.

All of the white stuff on the outer side is air that shouldn't be there.

its just maybe argentina has great health care but crusty still aint white

It might just be your lack of brain cells but your posts still make 0 sense

rephrase that to english please

I am whiter than the BLF's background.

Their seems to be a lot of confused people in this thread so I'll try to explain this better. What OP has is known as a pneumothorax. That is basically air leaking into the space around the lung. When enough time passes the air will begin to build up pressure and begin to collapse the lung. That air is the white area in that image OP posted, notice the decreased lung size. Normally, this is causing by a broken rib puncturing the lung. However since OP did not have a broken rib I assume enough trauma eventually just burst the lung.

and my heart wanted to break free from the chest while beating very hard and arrythmically. I'm going to get seen by a surgeon today.
They said you had an arrhythmia? Do you normally have a irregular heart beat such as A-fib? It seems weird that this injury would cause arrhythmia unless pressure was pushing on the heart muscles. I could see it make you tachycardic (increased heart rate) but usually a condition such as that is caused by something more cardiac related or is like that from birth.

I am a healthy being. The docs told me that since the puncture is on the upper part of the left lung and according to my symptoms, it must've leaked through the part of the lung that faces my back, applying pressure to my ribcage and chest, causing extreme pain on my shoulder area and arrythmia due to the heart having to cope with the applied pressure. My heartbeat returned to normal with some slight rapid beats but nothing worrying. My shoulder stopped hurting due to the medication I was given and was told to continue normally and next thursday I will get new exams to see if the lung returned to normal, it stayed the same, or worsened.

I knew it was pneumothorax but speaking spanish, I was unsure what the translation of "neumotorax" was so I basically used what the injury is.

I was also told that it's common with traumas near the ribcage, which wasn't the case, and somewhat common with tall and skinny people around the age of 18. I am about to be 18, am 180cm and weight about 65kg so I fall into the latter category.

dude omfg you have a skeleton inside ofyou

dude omfg you have a skeleton inside ofyou
Our skin may be different, but we're all spooky scary skeletons on the inside.

Our skin may be different, but we're all spooky scary skeletons on the inside.
what about boneless barry