Poll

Winner

Kobewarrior
1 (100%)
_
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [BUILD CONTEST] Zombie Map (Kobewarrior WINS!)  (Read 7432 times)

snip

work in progress
yep I lose

EDIT: I claim this page for SuperFPS too! Also I approve of the new deadline. Much more reasonable!

EDIT EDIT: Oh I just saw Kobewarrior's
I'm dead. Also where do you get those little 4x4 gratings? They're neat.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: They're The Brighter Dark's Brick_ExtraGrills, duh, I'm smart apparently

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIT:
I'm making a set of buildings with a set of taller buidings behind them, where you can get on the roofs of the smaller buildings but not the taller ones, so zombies can spawn on top of the taller buildings... and go almost anywhere from there. Is this a good "spawn" where they can just come from anywhere on top of the taller buildings? How many others should I include?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:36:44 PM by SuperSuit12 »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT:
I'm making a set of buildings with a set of taller buidings behind them, where you can get on the roofs of the smaller buildings but not the taller ones, so zombies can spawn on top of the taller buildings... and go almost anywhere from there. Is this a good "spawn" where they can just come from anywhere on top of the taller buildings? How many others should I include?
I was talking about something more like this:

*Zombie Spawns around the corner on other side of barricade*
*Zombie breaks down barricade*
*Zombie goes to eat you.

Lol i'm up for the contest ill try making a map too lol

Ah... Shoot. My map's an outside one, and zombies spawn on the upper floors of buildings that are otherwise empty. (The doors won't open and there's a window missing.)
How would I do that sort of thing in an outdoors map? A barricaded tunnel?

Bump... Had a better idea for a map. It's going to have iron bars and plants and lots of cool fire effects everywhere. Should I event the barriers or will you? What are you adding? Should I build structure and decoration but nothing gameplay-wise like weapon spawns?

p sure kobe won the thread, as per usual, though i'll give it a shot as well.
just looks like he used a lot of non-default bricks/lights/emitters though. that's my only beef with it.

p sure kobe won the thread, as per usual, though i'll give it a shot as well.
just looks like he used a lot of non-default bricks/lights/emitters though. that's my only beef with it.
soon as kobe comes along we all get blasted the forget out

i've taken them all into consideration and will make further adjustments once everything is set down to support more of a default approach. the emitters so far have been default, a few minor but common brick packs were used, and the ambient combined with eksi's lights are the majority of the lighting. i'd argue that most of the brickpacks are highly common among builders but yeah idk i'm up for adjustments.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:52:59 PM by Kobewarrior »

Only 23 days left I think I should be able to finish, I went for a apocalyptic subway station look. Not to many custom bricks just a few and also the ambient lights.

Should I event the barriers or will you? What are you adding? Should I build structure and decoration but nothing gameplay-wise like weapon spawns?
I'll be handling all zombies, barriers, weapons spawns, etc.

I'm a noob
there's no way I'll ever make something this cool
I give up
*cries in corner*

*notices bad kerning*

*cries even more*

thanks to Kobe, i quit my life

I'm going to stop being an idiot and give up all ideas of trying to build something that can be cool try to build something nicer
this will be my third map I'm starting to build

I should just buy a key already and forget the contest

One of my old builds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjJkGuwPvMw&feature=youtu.be
(the map sucks) it is just the gamemode you asked
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:20:34 AM by Dimos21 »