Poll

What do you think of the current topic layout?

It's great as it is
92 (82.9%)
It's good but it needs some changes (please tell your suggestions)
10 (9%)
It's bad, it needs to change (please tell why and what it needs to be changed)
9 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Filipe1020 Add-Ons Topic - Closing (Page 67)  (Read 218574 times)

"all terrain" is upside down

This is an old screenshot, I already fixed it

Will you ever give the Hachiroku a brand (e.g. Nakata)?

Will you ever give the Hachiroku a brand (e.g. Nakata)?
Maybe, not sure.

id like to let you know that you still havent used the bot lighting on all of your hachiroku variants... did you miss them out?
Code: [Select]
if(!%veh.headlight)
{
%veh.headlight = 1;
%veh.unhidenode(brakeON);
%veh.hidenode(brakeOFF);
%veh.mountImage(HachirokuHL1, 0); //ohey the old code snippet is still here?
%veh.playThread(0,Popup);
}
else
{
%veh.headlight = 0;
%veh.hidenode(brakeON);
%veh.unhidenode(brakeOFF);
%veh.unMountImage(0); //pls
%veh.playThread(0,Popdown);
}
another thing that gets me confused is why is the entire thing suddenly AWD? couldve just used my settings
function HachirokuVehicle::onAdd(%this,%obj)
{
   Parent::onAdd(%this,%obj);            //there is absolutely no sign of a setWheelPowered here, this goes for the rest too
   %obj.playthread(0,"propslow");
 %obj.hideNode(lhand);
 %obj.hideNode(rhand);
 %obj.hideNode(lhook);
 %obj.hideNode(rhook);
 %obj.hideNode(brakeON);
 %obj.schedule(0,garageDefault);
 %obj.spawnMountedLightBot(4);
}
i also did mention that drag makes drifting harder, using a value above 3.2 isnt recommended but 3 is fine (unless your drifting vehicle has AWD and uses stuff tons of acceleration to drift)

not to mention it also slows the vehicle down in terms of acceleration, but the effects arent really apparent till you try to drift a corner (not noticeable because your hachiroku is AWD and has acceleration's help to keep that unnoticeable)
datablock WheeledVehicleData(HachirokuDriftVehicle)
{
drag = 4.5; //too high, just too high
};
can you consider increasing the hachirokus mass to 300? then maybe increasing the spring force to 3500 after thats done? with the mass at 200 and the spring force at 3000, the entire thing feels stiff on landings and doesnt seem that stable for control (2 or 3 tires sometimes dont make proper contact with the ground on landing approach and destabilizes the hachiroku, the force really needs a reduction at least)

datablock WheeledVehicleTire(HachirokuDriftTire)
{
   shapeFile = "./Hachirokuwheel.dts";
   mass = 10;
   radius = 1;
   staticFriction = 5;
   kineticFriction = 5;
   restitution = 0.5;

lateralForce = 1000;   //id say 1500/2000 would be enough but this is something that is on ice
   lateralDamping = 100;
   lateralRelaxation = 0.5;

longitudinalForce = 17000;       //why did you increase the front/backwards motion force?
   longitudinalDamping = 3000;    //same thing, why?
   longitudinalRelaxation = 0.01;
};
i dont get why was the longitudinalforce raised, drifting vehicles do not need that much acceleration unless you plan to make that thing oversteer to actually drift

the lateralforce also concerns me a little, thats somewhat too little to start off with (is my perception of drifting different from yours, filipe?) was this hachiroku meant to drift on 64x64 baseplates or 32x32 baseplates?
datablock WheeledVehicleTire(HachirokuTire)
{
   shapeFile = "./Hachirokuwheel.dts";
mass = 10;
    radius = 1;
    staticFriction = 5;
   kineticFriction = 5;
   restitution = 0.5;

lateralForce = 4000;    //at least 6000
   lateralDamping = 200;   //isnt this tire setting supposed to grip the floor and not slide slightly?
   lateralRelaxation = 0.4;  //same thing, i think 0.3 or 0.2 wouldve been ok for this grip purpose

longitudinalForce = 14000;   //too high, an acceptable value would probably be at least half of this
   longitudinalDamping = 2000; //1000 or 800 id say
   longitudinalRelaxation = 0.01; //changing this does nothing, logitudinalRelaxation does what this should do
};
this is a little unexpected, i thought you complained about how twitchy this kind of tire setting was on landings? this tire setting is acceptable for a car with a mass of 300 and not 200, for 200 this would be seriously overkill

tell me, was the hachiroku designed to drift on 64x64 wide baseplates or 32x32 wide baseplates? the drifting radius is just so wide it fits for the 64x64 wide purpose; wasnt the hachiroku meant to be on narrow roads like initial d's touges? or was it due to how most blockland drivers dont like fast vehicles that demand attention on narrow roads?

try this track and youll understand why i said the drifting radius is too wide, unless this was actually not meant to drift on 32x32 wide baseplate tracks (track is an attachment)

My bad, I forgot to edit some of these values before releasing the update, and the drift tire was an experiment, but I'm playing along with it to get better results and I'll release a small update later.

Alright guys, just a small progress update to let you guys know:
- Working on a Hachiroku V2.6 update, it's a hotfix basicly, nothing major
- Get more time to work on the GTB muscle car, any progress made will be posted here.
- Working on an update for the StormPack with Electrk, more information should be up soon.
- Bikes Pack will receive some attention too, improvements on the handling, camera angle and more vehicles specifically.
- Kei Cars Pack will receive more vehicles from time to time, and be updated later.
- Port the new Bus model in-game

But I have to be honest, I've been incredibly uninspired lately, so it's being difficult to take the time to work on these things non-stop.

But I have to be honest, I've been incredibly uninspired lately, so it's being difficult to take the time to work on these things non-stop.

I know it's a common response but, maybe take a break? Play something(s) else, or still play BL but on public servers to have fun.
I find doing this helps.

These new cars are great as always, Filipe. You've basically made vehicle handling tolerable in a game where the developer gives no stuffs about vehicle handling. Hats off, man.

No.. it's this muscle car.
Oh didn't see that lol.  Looks pretty dope!

- Working on an update for the StormPack with Electrk, more information should be up soon.
oo neat

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, I'm working on a model of the GTA3 Kuruma that is being provided for Yokel on my 3D Models service. (but he told me I could show it here)
Here's a WIP of the Kuruma from GTA3, model that has been requested by Yokel on my 3D Models Service. (yes I'm aware one side is missing that rubber trim)
GTA3 Kuruma (For Yokel)(View in 3D)

And this is a model of the StormArmor for the StormPack
StormPlayer(View in 3D)

That storm armour stuff......
I like it!

Is it just me or does the Dalton Evasion remind me of the Patriot P10-XR from Motorstorm Apocalypse?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:52:41 AM by BurnoutGT24 »