3 (12%)
Do nothing about it
4 (16%)
Welcome refugees, open the gates for terrorists
0 (0%)
invade and occupy it like Poland
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: What is your opinion on the middle east as a whole  (Read 1428 times)

what is yours?
I generally dislike the entire Middle East, with a few exceptions of course but a majority of it is religious and political views. The Middle East has been a ground if war since, well, forever. Most of it is caused by extremists following the Muslim religion. While I consider a full scale attack to wipe it off the planet and eliminate the Arabian people too extreme, a military occupation would prove ineffective.

So, I'm rather mixed about the whole thing

>has probably never been to the Middle East
>has opinions about the Middle East

I have no opinion about the Middle East as an entire region because I've never visited, though I'd really like to. I like to believe there a lot of developed, civilized nations (Turkey, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.) but I guess I'll never know unless I go.

If your broad question is about the political situation of Syria, Iraq, and Iran, then my opinion is that the situation is extremely unfortunate. Several hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent people are suffering at the will of corrupt governments and religious extremists. It really is saddening that a hundred thousand or so insurgent extremists are tarnishing the reputation of 1.6 billion other Muslims. I believe the solution is occupation of the affected regions by a provisional Kurdish government with the support of other, willing Arab nations and Western allies.

The Middle East is an extremely important part of human history and has birthed countless amounts of colorful culture and people. Hell, 500 years ago the tides were turned. Europe feared invasion from the Ottoman Empire for hundreds of years.

it's a sunny place I'll give it that

The Middle East is the greatest clusterforget in human history

The middle east is a loving mess. Not even just terrorism in general, there are still places (DEVELOPED loving COUNTRIES, AHEM SAUDI ARABIA) which have literally stoned people to death for being gay. Extremism is just completely rampant in the middle east.

A war isn't going to change that. If you target them based on their beliefs they're just going to think "They attack us because they fear us. And they fear us because they know we're doing something right." and they're going to make their ill-held beliefs even stronger. It needs to be more subtle and more political than that, but if military intervention is necessary (like with CIA) then it will need to be done.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:11:38 PM by Ipquarx »

We eat SAND for breakfast

Hey guys the middle east is a stuffhole but come on they have loving good food

Hey guys the middle east is a stuffhole but come on they have loving good food
Comes with the territory seeing that each meal could be your last

The middle east is a loving mess. Not even just terrorism in general, there are still places (DEVELOPED loving COUNTRIES, AHEM SAUDI ARABIA) which have literally stoned people to death for being gay. Extremism is just completely rampant in the middle east.

A war isn't going to change that. If you target them based on their beliefs they're just going to think "They attack us because they fear us. And they fear us because they know we're doing something right." and they're going to make their ill-held beliefs even stronger. It needs to be more subtle and more political than that, but if military intervention is necessary (like with CIA) then it will need to be done.
yes

my opinion is that it is a region in Asia with people and a fair bit of political instability

my opinion on the M.E is that the women are hot.
I blame the Koran.
you can't blame a book for the actions of people in the same way you shouldn't blame guns for the actions of people
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:57:42 PM by Biostorm »