Author Topic: [Discussion] Wilderness Survival  (Read 938 times)

So some of you might have played the Survival from Roblox. This is a remake of that.

This will be a very complex gamemode with the following features:
  • Fire
  • Edible items
  • Foraging and construction
  • Hostile mobs
  • Crafting
  • Transport
  • Infinite terrain (Thanks to PTG)
  • Calendar system
  • Day/night cycle
  • Backpacks
  • Health, hunger, and thirst
  • Agriculture
  • Mining
  • Age progression
  • Cooking and forging
  • Pre-built Structures

List is subject to change.

I've currently finished the pre-built structure code, structures themselves are to be made. The Day/Night cycle is dependent on the calendar and vice-versa. The calendar's days progress according to midnight and the daylight time changes according to the calendar. Other features are also dependent on the calendar such as total brightness (Brighter days during the summer), fog (Foggy days during the winter), precipitation (Rainy days during the summer and snowy days during the winter). The precipitation are yet to be added with their intended consequences (Put out fires, fill containers, moisten wood, etc).

12:00 during the winter:

12:00 during the summer:

I've been thinking about adding a temperature system but that is on hold as I do not know if I will end up using it or how to even implement it.

The firescript can be seen here which demonstrates the fuse and gunpowder objects. Obvious flammable objects will be flammable (leaves, wood, paper, etc). I'm aware there have been previous fire mods that were fail-binned due to emitter spam but since not every brick will be flammable, unlike in these add-ons, the emitters will stay until enough public pressure to remove them is built.

is it hot in here or is it just me? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vegetation and structures have been made, yet to be implemented as such.

Feel free to discuss the gamemode, suggest additions, items to change or directly remove, and your thought about the gamemode. Translations for people has been put in mind, mainly inspired by friends who can't keep up with english for these kinds of games. If it is ever done, I will translate italian and spanish personally.

*Pictures to be added soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:13:46 PM by Pastrey Crust »

This would be cool and great. Good luck.

small little bump happy april fools day

Everyone will be grateful if you can actually make this.

I suggest you keep the "fireproofing" bug from Roblox's Survival 303, just make sure it decays.

Add non-hostile mods, sweet ambient sounds (and possibly music) and this will make a really immersive game.

Add non-hostile mods, sweet ambient sounds (and possibly music) and this will make a really immersive game.
No, every mob will have a hostile side. Some will be neutral while others entirely hostile.

As for the ambient sounds, I can rip them out of Minecraft.

Everyone will be grateful if you can actually make this.

I suggest you keep the "fireproofing" bug from Roblox's Survival 303, just make sure it decays.
It wasn't a bug from 303. It out-right deleted the flammable data. Here, the buckets add a "wet" tag to the flammable brick meaning that the brick will have to be selected by a burning brick once to get to "Humid" and again to return to normal making it a 4-second+ non-flammable brick. Of course the timer is reduced if you have an entire house burning so you'd need to hurry in those situations.