Author Topic: Legoboss's Exo Combat Domination [BETTER CONTROLS! NEW WEAPONS! NEW GEAR]  (Read 1119 times)

Info

Exo Combat is an effort by me to spice up tdm's with a new feature inspired by crCIA, aw, and any game that has sliding because I love sliding in video games and if you prefer dive to prone you are a heretic. The server uses GCats weapons, with two teams put in a medium sized map with 3 capture points. In order to win, you must have the highest amount of points. Loadouts can be customized, saved, and loaded on spawn.

Exo Movement / Abilities

Exo Shield -  Upon ability charge, it will supply a temporary 50% health overlay, that regenerates.

Exo Speed -  Temporary speed boost, slightly slower than quaketype.

Movement
Press right click to exo boost.
Pressing shift to exo slide.

Screenshots

Server: Offline
And as always, feedback is appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:04:55 PM by Legoboss »

god damnit, i was already in the process of making something very similar to this

Thanks for coming on if you did last night, I fixed the infinite speed.
Some stuff I'll add:
A few new songs
Buff crossbow
some other neat stuff

suggestions are welcome

Question, Do you have similar playertype (Boost Jump) like Advanced Warfare?

Not a playertype, but people can jump boost, dodge, and slide similar to advanced warfare.
the playertype is a modified version of the tactical player.
also: server goin up in a bit.

I have not tried it out yet, so what i am going to say is just my impression from what i read.
But numpad controls seem very clunky for what you have.
I guess people can rebind them to be better, but still, i am gonna assume people will not always do that.

Also, why only dodge to the right?
Why not add left and right dodging, each having the moveBrick left and right respectively.
That seems way more useful then just dodging right, sounds very counter intuitive.

Nice to see more advanced combat though. :)

I have not tried it out yet, so what i am going to say is just my impression from what i read.
But numpad controls seem very clunky for what you have.
I guess people can rebind them to be better, but still, i am gonna assume people will not always do that.

Also, why only dodge to the right?
Why not add left and right dodging, each having the moveBrick left and right respectively.
That seems way more useful then just dodging right, sounds very counter intuitive.

Nice to see more advanced combat though. :)
Thanks! Yeah, I wish there was a closer bind I could use, like E for painting, or somethin like that.
I might work on dodging to the left, sounds good.

all the extra exo abilities seem not at all useful

why not just have it so that every class has exactly one ability and you use that by mashing right click

right click would be nice, but thats used for ironsights on the guns.

For the cloak, instead of completely invisible with visible name and footstep sounds, would it be possible to have a slight shimmer applied to the player? So that when they move you can see them slightly but when they're still they're invisible?  Name wouldn't be visible but footsteps, maybe lower volume, still would.

I really like this!

right click would be nice, but thats used for ironsights on the guns.
I figured this was the case, hence i did not suggest that. :P
I was thinking of how possible it would be to have like dodging left, right and backwards by pressing the jump key when moving in that direction.
In other games they use like movement keys and jump to dodge in those 3 different directions, but since you cannot detect movement key presses server sided (without client mod), you could still try to detect if the player is moving in that direction.
But that could be less predictable.
But then again, don't you use sidewalking for specific reasons only?
I mean in normal walking i do not think many players will use the ability to walk to the side, they will mostly use mouse aiming to take corners, right?
For the cloak, instead of completely invisible with visible name and footstep sounds, would it be possible to have a slight shimmer applied to the player? So that when they move you can see them slightly but when they're still they're invisible?  Name wouldn't be visible but footsteps, maybe lower volume, still would.

I really like this!
A bit like the way the invisi watches work when you bump into someone.
Maybe a different kind of cloaking ability.
Maybe one that activates after standing still.
I use this kind of technique in the praying mantis bug on the bug mods, though not very effective, it is an interesting mechanic.

I added a good amount of new stuff, and the controls should be a lot less clunky now. Also, you no longer need to charge movements. One tap is good.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:05:06 PM by Legoboss »