Author Topic: what's TBM and what is bad about them?  (Read 6544 times)

I'm kind of nwe in this all "blockland" business (and it is a very nice game if I may say).

any way, could some body tell me what's the "TBM" (The Best Mod, I think), and what is wrong with them (if any)...

thx, Yuval.
oh yea, by the way, I'm kind of new in this forum :P

TBM is a MOD that was created by egogatistical starfishs who feel that they have the only mod that is worth something and will stop at nothing to prove they are so far that they created a script that would allow them to delete other mods people have on their pc and deny it. 

Before their malicious script brought on the downfall of their mod, TBM was one of the most popular mods around, in competition with the then active 'Blockland Mods v1.6a', which is now in the process of being resurrected.

RTB (Return To Blockland) is TBM's spiritual successor, although not directly related, and the most popular mod right now. Theres lots of cool things and even an Editor Wand that can be used to resize any object in the game so that you can create anything you want, including some things that just weren't possible before without it.

also AiO-R is coming back to popularity to a point.  The downfall of aio-r came when people had to wait for the transition to the new rules and sunk ffurther down when we rushed out the release.  We went back to the drawing board and made it better now

yea, I saw the forum of the group "RTB" forum. I saw their gallery. I was very impressed from their wonderful works. In their works, I saw pieces, colors, maps, shapes and more amazing that I don't see in my version.

what mod team do you think is the best?

Yuval, many people will tell you that their mod is the best. I work with Nick, Rick, Astro, and Mocheeze on RTB. There is no better mod, you need to pick the mod that best suits you. BLM, AIO, and RTB are all good mods. If you want try TBM, but i wouldn't reccomend it. But then again its your call.

A good mod team works together and communicates.  They usually have people that know what they are doing.  A bad mod team is inexperianced at coding, have egos bigger than their brains, help other people, and they create things that are uneeded.

Here is a quick rundown... (someone should help add on)

AIO-R - A great MOD if you want lots of random stuff to play around in. It contains many bricks, and lots of things to do.

RTB - A good mod for those who want to stay with the lego-ish feel. Most, if not all bricks are real lego bricks. Has a great deal of customizing your mini-fig (the little dude who you can control)

thanks for the plug techhut

AIO-R - A great MOD if you want lots of random stuff to play around in. It contains many bricks, and lots of things to do.

RTB - A good mod for those who want to stay with the lego-ish feel. Most, if not all bricks are real lego bricks. Has a great deal of customizing your mini-fig (the little dude who you can control)

I saw the AIO mod pack in the mod's forum, and I saw odd things like racing cars (?) and other interesting things..

I think that a mod team in this game is need to focus in the building issue, because of this is the game goal (to build lego impressing things in your PC).

Now I quite think that the preferred mod team (for building) is RTB..
Another question that  I want to ask; Can I build things by using two mob team (like building things with mods of RTB and mods of AIO?).

In the end,  RTB is the best mod team for building?

Before their malicious script brought on the downfall of their mod, TBM was one of the most popular mods around, in competition with the then active 'Blockland Mods v1.6a', which is now in the process of being resurrected.

RTB (Return To Blockland) is TBM's spiritual successor, although not directly related, and the most popular mod right now. Theres lots of cool things and even an Editor Wand ^TBM has an editor staff bastard..^ that can be used to resize any object in the game so that you can create anything you want, including some things that just weren't possible before without it.
RTB is just a Cheap spinoff of TBM the only thing RTB has that BTM doesnt is the dynamite for annoying bastards and a gate..... -_-

RTB is just a Cheap spinoff of TBM the only thing RTB has that BTM doesnt is the dynamite for annoying bastards and a gate..... -_-
I smell a TBM fanboy...

I saw the AIO mod pack in the mod's forum, and I saw odd things like racing cars (?) and other interesting things..

I think that a mod team in this game is need to focus in the building issue, because of this is the game goal (to build lego impressing things in your PC).

Now I quite think that the preferred mod team (for building) is RTB..
Another question that  I want to ask; Can I build things by using two mob team (like building things with mods of RTB and mods of AIO?).

In the end,  RTB is the best mod team for building?

Ok, this is gunan be kinda biased, but yes. There are over 80 bricks for your pleasure in RTB.

AIO is great if you want a "i want everything I can possibly get" approach.

Just stay away from TBM. and don't listen to [RR] Will. RTB is more than what TBM is, and what it is going to be.

RTB is more than what TBM is, and what it is going to be.
You can't say that. You don't know what TBM 2.x is going to have in it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:04:01 PM by Luquado »

gah true... but let me restate that...

the morals of the rtb team are better than the morals of most of the tbm team.
And RTB is better in a sence... you can actually see the code, and see what is being done.