Make someone Admin and Super Admin Through console?

Author Topic: Make someone Admin and Super Admin Through console?  (Read 2125 times)

So i just bought a dedicated server from Blocknet, and i wont be able to play on it until Thursday, My friends are building on it however they keep asking me for SA, I have full access to the console and was wondering if I can SA them from there.

findclientbyname(%playerName).isSuperAdmin = 1; findclientbyname(%playerName).isAdmin = 1;

%playerName is the name of the player you wish to admin. Keep in mind that you need to use only one or the other, and not really both, as isSuperAdmin automatically gives the player regular admin as well.

It won't announce it to the server however. They will have temporary admin powers until the server closes.

%playerName is the name of the player you wish to admin. Keep in mind that you need to use only one or the other, and not really both, as isSuperAdmin automatically gives the player regular admin as well.

No, you are supposed to set both.

how to properly auth them as admin, so the player list updates?

%client.sendPlayerListUpdate();

You can also use $pref::server::AdminPassword = "password"; or $pref::server::SuperAdminPassword = "betterpassword"; and just give them the passwords.

Also, if you have a(n) (super)admin password set, you can just do
serverCmdSAD(findclientbyname(name),$Pref::Server::(super)AdminPassword);

Your friends aren't gonna know they're admin unless you do commandToClient(findClientByName(name), 'setAdminLevel', 2); 1 is admin, 2 is super.

You may as well just add them to the auto admin list though so they're always admin.
$Pref::Server::AutoAdminList = $Pref::Server::AutoAdminList SPC "their blid";
AutoSuperAdminList for super.

setSuperAdmin({insert name here});

This is not a default function.

well that not only doesn't work but it also would only work on INH

Please don't 'help' when you have no clue what you're talking about.