4 (4.2%)
Windows 7
31 (32.6%)
Windows 8
10 (10.5%)
Windows 10
31 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: My computer is upgrading to windows 10 without consent.  (Read 8299 times)

Wah, Win8 is stuff compared to Win10

not really
it retains way more compatibility with windows 7 programs while trading it for the start screen interface

I disabled the stupid touch screen functions and added back the start menu.

It's no different from Windows 7 now.

not really
it retains way more compatibility with windows 7 programs while trading it for the start screen interface
I just really hate the flow of Win8, no actual reason besides that, I would prefer Win7 over 8.
s p y w a r e
It's not though, also why does it matter if they take information? I get disliking having less privacy can feel stuffty, but really it doesn't affect you that much.

I'm not upgrading unless it was absolutely necessary.

My dad keeps telling me he hates windows 10 and tells me he can't revert back because he is passed the point of no return so he is stuck with stuff.

They probably asked you in fine print or something and updated because you technically didn't say no.
Either way, I think there's an option to go back to windows 8 after the update.

I'm not upgrading unless it was absolutely necessary.

My dad keeps telling me he hates windows 10 and tells me he can't revert back because he is passed the point of no return so he is stuck with stuff.
Yeah I really hate that they are making people upgrade, it's really stuffty. I'm surprised it's legal, assuming you bought Win7 or 8.

They probably asked you in fine print or something and updated because you technically didn't say no.

You need to drop that steam giveaway. The rules were fair.

Either way, I think there's an option to go back to windows 8 after the update.

Um, no.

It upgraded to windows 10 without my consent

It gave me the option to revert back to windows 8***

***As soon as I reverted back It forced me a count down timer to upgrade to windows 10 again with no option to cancel forever.

Not much of an option here bro.

why does it matter if they take information? I get disliking having less privacy can feel stuffty, but really it doesn't affect you that much.
Because they're trying to take my personal information without my consent. That is not okay under any circumstances. Imagine if the local police force gave you a 1 weeks notice saying they were going to install security cameras in your shower and bedrooms, which they could access and even give footage to other people for any reason. Even if you completely, totally trust the police, it's still an insane invasion of privacy that leaves you completely vulnerable. (Don't take that too literally, it's an brown townogy. The point is, your digital privacy rights are the same as your real life privacy rights.)

Also tony, I'm not entirely sure you used the program right if it's still happening.

Make sure you click both "Click to disable Windows 10 Upgrades" and "Click to delete Windows 10 Programs" as well as the top two on the left so that everything is disabled.

Also click "Click to enable monitor mode..." which will have the program notify you whenever a windows-10 related change is made to your computer.

I didnt know about the monitor mode option.

I get disliking having less privacy can feel stuffty, but really it doesn't affect you that much.

sorry, i dont like my info being sold off to whatever company or organization wants it

inb4 "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"

Should I enable or disable non-critical windows 10 options?

Microsoft has been caught selling information recorded off Xbox Kinect before. This being why I unplug webcams.

Should I enable or disable non-critical windows 10 options?
I'd say disable it for good measure, it won't harm anything.

Because they're trying to take my personal information without my consent. That is not okay under any circumstances. Imagine if the local police force gave you a 1 weeks notice saying they were going to install security cameras in your shower and bedrooms, which they could access and even give footage to other people for any reason. Even if you completely, totally trust the police, it's still an insane invasion of privacy that leaves you completely vulnerable. (Don't take that too literally, it's an brown townogy. The point is, your digital privacy rights are the same as your real life privacy rights.)
Seems like a bit of an extreme brown townogy to make, but I guess I see the point. How many PCs are running Win10 though? I can't imagine they would have the time to check anything without a reason.
Microsoft has been caught selling information recorded off Xbox Kinect before. This being why I unplug webcams.
Luckily my webcam lights up when in use.

Luckily my webcam lights up when in use.

more like, when it wants you to know its in use

[x files theme]

sarcasm

I can't imagine they would have the time to check anything without a reason

they dont need a reason, whats most likely happening is its ALL being collected and stored until they have a reason or until some company comes in with a large amount of money and says "give me all of this info about this demographic" 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:05:38 AM by shitlord »