Author Topic: I just got back from a model UN summit  (Read 1020 times)

I was representing Egypt on the Economic and Financial Committee

It was pretty cool, because I helped draft a resolution about food brown townysis alongside a few other countries. Unfortunately, it didn't pass in the general assembly, but it was still a good experience.
Anything funny happen during the conference?

Who was North Korea and how did they die?
I'm not sure who North Korea was because they weren't in my committee, but they were censured in the General Assembly after proposing an amendment stating that all other countries were to strip themselves of government and allow the glorious ways of Kim Jung the Un and Only.
Anything funny happen during the conference?
In addition to the North Korea bit, Ukraine's delegation stormed up to the podium at the end of the conference to announce that they were leaving the UN in response to the lack of action on Russia's activities within their country, then tore the "Egg of Ukraine" in half, throwing it on the floor, and leaving the room.

I'm not sure who North Korea was because they weren't in my committee, but they were censured in the General Assembly after proposing an amendment stating that all other countries were to strip themselves of government and allow the glorious ways of Kim Jung the Un and Only.

In addition to the North Korea bit, Ukraine's delegation stormed up to the podium at the end of the conference to announce that they were leaving the UN in response to the lack of action on Russia's activities within their country, then tore the "Egg of Ukraine" in half, throwing it on the floor, and leaving the room.
Sounds like a pretty lax conference. The ones I've done have been more of an academic thing, rather than roleplaying. Delegates who pick North Korea generally don't do well because they go way overboard trying to look crazy, and they end up never matching their country's positions on anything.