Author Topic: Is there some kind of hack that allows other users to change your server name?  (Read 2710 times)

Only super admins can change the gamemode if the server is dedicated.

Honestly was a dumb move to let Administrators have permission to change the server preferences.
But that's more than likely the case here, one of your Admins decided to play a prank and changed the server name.
I had to repeatedly fix the server name for Tezuni's Slopes CTF because some of the other admins there enjoy messing around.

I had to repeatedly fix the server name for Tezuni's Slopes CTF because some of the other admins there enjoy messing around.
Ya the super admins do. Honestly we need to take away so many of the regular admins abilities

why aren't they just removed? that is an easy way to weed out problematic and stuffty admins

why aren't they just removed? that is an easy way to weed out problematic and stuffty admins
Because only the sa do it and we fix it within minutes.
It's a joke we do and has zero impact on the server. People will join the server regardless of what the name is. Tez is fully aware of it and as I said not like it would impact the server

You do have a point, unfortunately you can't tell which admins change the server name if I remember correctly.

You do have a point, unfortunately you can't tell which admins change the server name if I remember correctly.
This as well. I'm more concerned with admins that try and modify Tezs builds(cough) red (cough)

Only super admins can change the gamemode if the server is dedicated.
uh i am an admin on some dedi servers and i believe i have changed the gamemode

uh i am an admin on some dedi servers and i believe i have changed the gamemode
Yeah I just checked and it seems admins are allowed to change the gamemode. I thought it was super admin only.

function serverCmdGameModeGuiServer_Ch angeGameMode(%client, %idx) seems to allow any admin to change the gamemode. That's stupid.

I may make a mod that limits those functions to super admin / host only if no one else does it.

Breaking both of these variables should prevent admins from setting the server name
serverCmdServerSettingsGui_ApplyVariables(){}
serverCmdServerSettingsGui_Se tVariable(){}

Highly recommended that you surround this in package noChange { ... }; activatePackage(noChange);

Then you can just deactivatePackage(noChange); to get those commands back rather than needing a full restart.