Workshop support, or some other service?

Author Topic: Workshop support, or some other service?  (Read 2581 times)

Look guys. If Ephilates didn't get his jimmies rustled (cause he was a hothead as far as my investigation goes) or had a new job career, RTB would still be here.

If we integrated Workshop support, then we'd be forced to hire new workshop admins to check stuff out and then this and that happens. No way is Workshop ever happening. It's has been and always is a mess. Try searching for something specific.

Blockland Glass may be a little of a mess right now but once it's stable and ready to go, we have a new RTB. Then, Blockland is saved from the Add-on CrCIA.

Ephialties didn't even create RTB from the start, he just stole the name when it was no longer being used.

RTB use to be known for more than an add-on hosting service.

So the fact he wouldn't let someone else take over RTB is bullstuff.

Ephialties didn't even create RTB from the start, he just stole the name when it was no longer being used.

He really was a true richardwad and I bet that Badspot even thought so.

source?  I'm not calling you on bullstuff, I'd just like to know where to go to look into it myself.

Actually, Ephialtes did create RTB, both the original mod for Blockland v0002 and RTB for the retail game

RTB 1.x's credits.hfl file
http://pastebin.com/raw/snzWNhJ3

RTB's credits from the retail Blockland mod

ReD_eYe created it. Ephialtes helped on it.

Anyone could have taken over the RTB hosting, he didn't need to completely close up shop like a richard.

**IF I CAN'T GET stuff MY WAY NO ONE WILL HAVE RTB!**

probably because he felt that nobody could handle the daunting task of handling rtb, at least not back then

one of those "trust only yourself (and rub/lub/whatever)" persons maybe

i dunno we'd have to ask ephialtes

Better to give it to someone who you're unsure can handle it than to just run off with it.

If it's not passed off to anyone, then no one can handle it.

probably because he felt that nobody could handle the daunting task of handling rtb, at least not back then

one of those "trust only yourself (and rub/lub/whatever)" persons maybe

i dunno we'd have to ask ephialtes
or a case of taking your ball and going home when the game doesn't go your way

or a case of taking your ball and going home when the game doesn't go your way
that's one way to put it yeah

Blocklands existing addon system is miles ahead of games that support workshop anyway

Workshop is the lazy developer method anyways.