Author Topic: A server of learning to build good?  (Read 731 times)

Someone should make a server where pro builders and noobs join and the noobs get taught how to be good at the game

...Should I try to make this?

you could teach things like tips and tricks on how to make wall designs, color choice, props, ext, but really it all comes down to practice makes perfect

if you're a good builder, go for it

Nah I meant a place where I and other noobs could learn, and there'd be a terrible map (since I'm no good at building) with classrooms of varying sizes and stuff that'd be better than slate

Nah I meant a place where I and other noobs could learn, and there'd be a terrible map (since I'm no good at building) with classrooms of varying sizes and stuff that'd be better than slate
An old clan, Blockland Educators, had the same idea; they're not really active anymore, but if you want to see a server like this, I'm sure a lot of older members here could get behind it.

The problem with teaching "good building" is that its hard to teach creativity.

When it comes down to its lowest level, being a good builder in Blockland is simply having a good enough knowledge base of what is possible and what bricks you have combined with some creativity for forming what you want to build.

The best that teaching good building can do is teach people not to spam and to try to use the biggest bricks possible for the space they'd like to be filling unless the lines on the bricks create a design.

it'd be noob builds something, teacher corrects mistakes, repeat
plus a library of tele-books with tips

What I feel would be best is hosting it like a freebuild where you and your buds either work on a really neat build together, or build really nice things individually.
Building well is a thing thats very heavily dependent on individual styles. Although certain basic designs can be taught or shown, imo its best to not "teach" building and rather show the potential ways you can mix and match bricks to create certain looks/effects

i can only really host one server at a time though - this weekend its gonna be archipelago tdm/ctf/territory.

If you ever join my server and ask I would be happy to teach you what I know.