Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne  (Read 24255 times)

I was gonna buy it but there's no online coop.

Do you need online coop?

this game is loving awesome

This makes me feel a bit better about my own games odds, but not every game needs online play.

Especially since it can add years to development time.

Every developer I've heard talk about the subject says that doing online coop for a game like this (bullet hell/twitch game) is extremely difficult

Every developer I've heard talk about the subject says that doing online coop for a game like this (bullet hell/twitch game) is extremely difficult

It is extremely difficult, not to relate to my game again but you'll notice that no projectiles really travel too quickly in it.

Even the things that do travel fast in game you'll notice have a wind up and  a really predictable pattern.

It's not fun to have an enemy shoot on the server, then half a second later you see it on your scree only to realize you've already been hit.

There are ways to get around this though, it's definitely doable.

You just need to run a lot of stuff on the client as well, and trust it a lot more.

Edit: If anyone's interested look up rollback netcode, or ggpo. They use it in many fast paced shooters like counterstrike, or in fighting games like skull girls.

I'm having so much fun holy stuff

I managed to do the whole first floor flawlessly my first run but then got my ass handed to me by the Ammoconda, and now Bullet King is destroying me every subsequent run

I need to get used to dodge rolling and using Blanks because I'm so used to other games where you have to rely purely on movement so I'm like "I'll be fine, I don't need these mechanics except as a last resort" and then I walk the wrong way and get covered in bullets and die

My new mantra is BLANKS REPLENISH ON THE NEXT FLOOR

It is extremely difficult, not to relate to my game again but you'll notice that no projectiles really travel too quickly in it.

Even the things that do travel fast in game you'll notice have a wind up and  a really predictable pattern.

It's not fun to have an enemy shoot on the server, then half a second later you see it on your scree only to realize you've already been hit.

There are ways to get around this though, it's definitely doable.

You just need to run a lot of stuff on the client as well, and trust it a lot more.

Edit: If anyone's interested look up rollback netcode, or ggpo. They use it in many fast paced shooters like counterstrike, or in fighting games like skull girls.

By all means relate to your game, better to hear the facts straight from a game developer than word of mouth

My new mantra is BLANKS REPLENISH ON THE NEXT FLOOR
I NEED TO STOP FORGETTING ABOUT THIS.

Well the reason I need online coop is because I don't like playing by myself and I don't have anyone local to play with.

I really don't like how the npcs and environment don't use the same artsyle.

I KNOW it's supposed to make the enemies stand out but, I feel like it could be done while still keeping art consistent. :C

There's a special weapon called the Cobalt Hammer (named after Cobalt Streak and Richard Hammer) you can unlock here

It's treated as DLC so you have to activate it on Steam

man this game is so fun

farthest I made it was floor 4 then I got forgeted by that giant wall boss

maybe spoilers so transparent text anyway

~is it just me or does the Breach change? looks like theres more stuff there after playing for a while~

Still yet to beat the first boss because I'm stuff

maybe spoilers so transparent text anyway

~is it just me or does the Breach change? looks like theres more stuff there after playing for a while~

Still yet to beat the first boss because I'm stuff
Yeah, I got a bunch of games and stuff in mine now.

I bought items from some creepy lady and now some enemies are all spooky and stuff