Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne  (Read 24266 times)

one thing i hate is how the game laughs in your face when you die. Nuclear Throne gives you a nice concise and to-the-point screen showing how, where, and when you died and allows you to instantly re-enter the game. but gungeon gives you several drawn-out animations and a long load time before you get to play again. and then there's death by the Iron Maiden, which is just the closest i have ever seen a game to telling the player to go forget themselves.

Still haven't made it past floor 2, rip.

can anybody confirm that this game is worth it and will be fun to me? i dont usually play alone.

one thing i hate is how the game laughs in your face when you die. Nuclear Throne gives you a nice concise and to-the-point screen showing how, where, and when you died and allows you to instantly re-enter the game. but gungeon gives you several drawn-out animations and a long load time before you get to play again. and then there's death by the Iron Maiden, which is just the closest i have ever seen a game to telling the player to go forget themselves.

yeah, after watching my corpse get shot by the clock crosshair for the 10th time I really wanted to find a key to skip it

Still haven't made it past floor 2, rip.

I've made it to chamber 4 several times but only when I get a gun that isn't stuff on the first 2 chambers

can anybody confirm that this game is worth it and will be fun to me? i dont usually play alone.

if you don't like playing games by yourself then you're probably not going to like this game where you play by yourself

tbh my one issue with this game is some of the boss fights take a little bit too long personally

like the god damn medusa boss thing, I have to go through about 10-15 cycles of its attacks before its anywhere close to dying even if I have good weapons, later on I got this really amazing combo of the mega soaker gun+bullet ricochet which made the water just bounce all over the place and hit everything but when it came to the next boss, I was still doing barely any damage to them despite spraying this thing in their face constantly.

like goodluck getting the health upgrade, cause the bosses take so long you're bound to trip up atleast once.

get someone to get on a skype call with you while you play it and imagine they're the enemies

this game looks really fun, i might buy it later

I actually thought about it a bit longer and realized, its not really the bosses being tanky, its just the guns being really underwhelming damage-wise

like for example, I got a railgun on my first run of the game, so I figured "man this would probably deal a ton of damage to the boss, I better save it up for them"

so I bring it to the boss, pull it out, charge it up and blast them with it...

...and it does the same damage as just a single clip of the starter pistol.

the guns look and act unique, sure, but all of them are underwhelming when it comes to damage personally.

Nuclear Throne did a great job of making its weapons as powerful as they feel while being balanced, Enter The Gungeon's guns are just Awesome, but impractical.

I just wish there were more opportunities to sell or combine guns

I struggle with carrying like 6+ at once and not knowing which one is functionally the best, though once I figure out the 1-2 I want to use I don't even touch the other ones and they just sort of clog up my inventory

you can drop them????

theres also a fish thing in a grille in the ground that if you drop weapons over, it gives you something else in return

first one and only one ive found was in a shop so they might always be there

I've only seen the fish thing once in about 11 runs

the sewer-fish just gives you money in return for guns/items

also pilot best character

the fishguy appears almost every shop in the second chamber for me, you can sell him the junk you get from shooting chests when you dont have keys. so if in the first chamber you dont have keys after the bossfight you can go back and shoot the chests to get free emone, you can drop the junk in the map menu by clicking it and clicking the "drop" button

ive seen him in a seperate room all by himself too so he is not tied to the shop necessarily

i like the prisoner the most, sawed off is really nice early and the molotov can really wreck a boss, unless its the damn king with his flying throne
marine second favorite with the passive accuracy and decent pistol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:10:45 PM by Anybody »

you can drop them????

theres also a fish thing in a grille in the ground that if you drop weapons over, it gives you something else in return

first one and only one ive found was in a shop so they might always be there

I know about that slime guy, but he only ever seems to show up when I've got like 1-2 guns other than my starting one and I don't want to sell them

I don't want to just drop them either because I know the moment I do I'll find a gun merchant or a muncher and miss out

these level skips are super expensive

spoiler(?) Excuse me?