Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne  (Read 24267 times)

I've been enjoying the game so far, overall it's really polished.

I do have some complaints mainly that:

• All weapons feel a bit weak, even though they're greatly varied.
  • The camera freaks out when you use a controller, I wish it had an option to stay focused on your character
  • Game runs a little long, and doesn't have a save and continue later option like isaac
  • Some of the guns, mainly the charge ones don't provide adequate feedback to know when they're charged or ready to fire

But yeah, it's still a lot of fun but I hope they remedy some of these issues.

Edit: Also so far the first 3 floors feel kinda samey theme wise, similar enemies layouts and what not.

I was hoping for more spelunky style, radically different stuff you have to figure out.

I just made it to the final boss for the first time, probably due in part to a special surprise I got in chamber 2

Got totally destroyed by chamber 5 though

What's the most fun weapon you guys have found so far?
Mine is the trashcannon, it's really great to use on big arena rooms, launching toxic pools everywhere quickly kills all ground units

It's hard to pick when there are so many

I really like the Dark Marker and the Raiden Coil

I can agree with almost all your points here (I dont use a controller so I can't say anything for myself on that one)

like seriously you've got all these cool looking and unqiue guns, yet the only ones I ever end up using are the basic ones (like the Winchester, the shotgun, the machine pistol etc.)
because they're the only guns that feel like they put out good enough damage to be worth using.

I just wanna massacre bosses with an oversized railgun and BFG, but they do so little its rarely ever worth pulling them out in the first place.

I can agree with almost all your points here (I dont use a controller so I can't say anything for myself on that one)

like seriously you've got all these cool looking and unqiue guns, yet the only ones I ever end up using are the basic ones (like the Winchester, the shotgun, the machine pistol etc.)
because they're the only guns that feel like they put out good enough damage to be worth using.

I just wanna massacre bosses with an oversized railgun and BFG, but they do so little its rarely ever worth pulling them out in the first place.

Yeah, it's a shame as there's so much good here. I feel like just a few tweaks would greatly improve things.

I'm actually now more interested in giving nuclear throne a try, I'm curious to see how they handled a few things.

yeah I picked up the BSG on my last run and it did jack stuff against bosses, I guess it's intended to be a room-clearing gun but still

it feels like every gun that has a big payload isn't nearly powerful enough to warrant their awful reload time (except the composite gun, which may be one of the best guns in the game)

Yeah, it's a shame as there's so much good here. I feel like just a few tweaks would greatly improve things.

I'm actually now more interested in giving nuclear throne a try, I'm curious to see how they handled a few things.
nuclear throne handles its weapons REALLY well, they have the right balance of feeling powerful while still actually matching that power in terms of damage.

I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

I'm having this problem where most of the time I pick up like, one gun on the first two chambers and want to save it for the boss, so I have to sloooowly grind through the enemies with my starter gun

I wish the shops were more reliable, it never seems to have keys or ammo when I need them so I feel like I need to just not use any of my good guns until the boss

The particulator and the scrambler are really good weapons

Super space turtle is probably my favorite passive item that I have found so far

wait, you can drop junk?

loving banana gun and camera the stuff.

most genius loving gun has to be that muther forgetin lowercase letter loving r

all these guns are so loving cool alojhstjklsehtgzase4tseyh4 e4y

The Serious Cannon is my favorite weapon. It fires giant cannon balls that roll around the screen constantly dealing damage.
Also it's literally taken from Serious Sam. It even says he brought it to the gungeon.

wow i was actually seriously thinking about buying this game until i saw there's no online coop.

wow i was actually seriously thinking about buying this game until i saw there's no online coop.
i was too, but this game is loving worth it. for someone that doesn't enjoy playing solo, this game is the perfect game for riding solo. I usually play co-op, but maybe they'll add that in later.