Author Topic: v2DMusic broke VCE, it seems  (Read 1817 times)

his eventing is right lol

May be a dumb question, but checking nonetheless.

Is it your brick?  If it is, then you have a real problem.  If it's someone you had full trust with that left (for whatever reason), then that could be breaking it.

However, this is unlikely.

Besides that, nothing crucial changed in minigame settings?

Is it your brick?  If it is, then you have a real problem.  If it's someone you had full trust with that left (for whatever reason), then that could be breaking it.

Besides that, nothing crucial changed in minigame settings?
Yes, it is my brick.
It doesn't work at all, minigame or not.

I have no idea what's breaking this, here's what you can do:

Start with default add-ons and include VCE, then slowly add an add-on each restart (restart blockland don't change the gamemode, it doesn't clean everything)

Good news: It's not v2DMusic, it works with default add-ons + VCE.
Bad news: I have no idea what else it could be. Should I show what add-ons I have? (and what kind?)

Slowly enable add-ons, start with v2DMusic, then go to some Server_ add-ons, then Script_ add-ons

I don't know why, but it's working now. I enabled most if not all of the add-ons I had before and it works fine.
Not sure what happened, will unlock if it comes back.

I HAVE FOUND THE CULPRIT

Event_Vehicle did it. I'm not sure how, but it breaks the event.

What does Event_Vehicle do?

I'm not quite sure because I'm not sure how special vars work, but Event_Vehicle may be adding special vars improperly.

I'm not quite sure because I'm not sure how special vars work, but Event_Vehicle may be adding special vars improperly.
Can you remove them?

The problem is, I have no idea on how it is causing this problem, are you sure?

Yes.

I'm not quite sure how the special vars work because I haven't looked at their code but...
The input and output events are functioning, there's no errors and they're actually being called.
Event_Vehicle introduces new special vars.
The bug is that he's trying to use another special var, and it's giving unintended results.

There's a chance that maybe the register special var function doesn't do enough error checking and screwed something up when values were input wrong.