Poll

Surface 3 storage

64GB - £377
1 (50%)
128GB - £450
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: I'm got a surface 3  (Read 2800 times)

Not meant for gaming, but I love mine.
yeah I wasn't planning on using it for games at all, mostly internet and steam

Not meant for gaming, but I love mine.
in the contrary the surface pro 4 is actually pretty good at games that do not focus on CPU (unless you threw even more money and got the better CPU version)

i just tried out LoL dang

this is a fan-less tablet and it manages that is kind of cool tbh

What CPU do you have? Not all the of the Pro's are fanless.

What CPU do you have? Not all the of the Pro's are fanless.
lowest tier (Intel Core m3). i decided on it since it doesn't really show TOO much difference to an i5 unless rendering.
only the M3 is fanless

lowest tier (Intel Core m3). i decided on it since it doesn't really show TOO much difference to an i5 unless rendering.
only the M3 is fanless
Well forget, now I want a pro 4.

only the M3 is fanless
that's what I thought, that the M3 was the fanless one.

@OP, do you have a Microsoft store nearby where you could check it out in person?

that's what I thought, that the M3 was the fanless one.

@OP, do you have a Microsoft store nearby where you could check it out in person?
no, the closest store that would let me do something like that is PC world and it's >70 miles away

no, the closest store that would let me do something like that is PC world and it's >70 miles away
oh my. Well I specifically own the 2 GB RAM/64 GB storage Surface 3 + keyboard and pen so if you have any more questions ask away

oh my. Well I specifically own the 2 GB RAM/64 GB storage Surface 3 + keyboard and pen so if you have any more questions ask away
how much did that cost? I had no idea they came with different amounts of ram, the one in the op is 4gb and if that one comes with less ram I'd assume it's less pricey

also is the keyboard absolutely necessary? is the onscreen one bad?

also is the keyboard absolutely necessary? is the onscreen one bad?
it depends how youll use it. obviously i needed the keyboard since im working 3D models and w/e

I got the Surface for around $470 with tax ($450 after student discount + tax), bought the keyboard on eBay new for around $90, and got the pen for sale on Amazon for around $37 if I remember correctly. So all in all I got it for just under $600.

As for the keyboard, it depends on what you're using it for. Don't expect to type out long bodies of text without it. I personally used mine without the keyboard for several months before I spent the extra money for it, but even before I did I loved the thing.

Lastly the 2 GB one is $100 cheaper in the US.

it depends how youll use it. obviously i needed the keyboard since im working 3D models and w/e
well now I'm curious how it looks, does it look exactly like the desktop version:

or is it more refined for tablets?

I got the Surface for around $470 with tax ($450 after student discount), bought the keyboard on eBay new for around $90, and got the pen for sale on Amazon for around $37 if I remember correctly. So all in all I got it for just under $600.

As for the keyboard, it depends on what you're using it for. Don't expect to type out long bodies of text without it. I personally used mine without the keyboard for several months before I spent the extra money for it, but even before I did I loved the thing.

Lastly the 2 GB one is $100 cheaper in the US.
oh oops, I was wrong, the one in the op IS exactly like your version

well now I'm curious how it looks, does it look exactly like the desktop version:
http://puu.sh/ocnML.jpg[/img]

or is it more refined for tablets?
oh oops, I was wrong, the one in the op IS exactly like your version

lightup on touch, super thin, soft material, trackpad is good as well, but i prefer to use the pen.

if it can play civ v then that'd be good too lol
my sister has a surface (pretty sure surface pro 3, with an i7, 8GB of RAM)
she mostly uses it for civ V and taking over the world
and then sometimes also writes engineering papers and does her homework