Swatting Update: He's caught

Author Topic: Swatting Update: He's caught  (Read 31437 times)

I actually remembered one of my favorite moments right after I left the call I'll probably get on later and share
dude @spaceinaba me when you share them I wanna catch that stuff

even if that were true, the criminal justice system is more social than economic, and i personally dont care if some of my taxes go to keeping stuffheads from cyberstalking me
and as soon as they get out they'll be more determined than ever to stalk you with a vengance because they'll have even less to lose than before
instead, you rehabilitate them and they just don't do it again because they'll know it's wrong

Coming from someone who was literally 12 last year, that kid DID know what he was doing. Probably.

Some kind of punishment, even if little, should be taken into consideration. It really doesn't have to be a sentence of some sort, maybe restricted access to electronical devices, or a fine to his family.

and as soon as they get out they'll be more determined than ever to stalk you with a vengance because they'll have even less to lose than before
instead, you rehabilitate them and they just don't do it again because they'll know it's wrong
its 2016 and hes 12. rehabilitation and imprisonment are synonymous.

They really aren't. Have you ever seen how a US prison works? We have some of the highest re-incarceration rates in the world because our prisons don't rehabilitate prisoners. Instead, about 3 out of 4 prisoners end up just going back again for some reason or another, which is theorized to be because they "don't know better".

in finland, they got rid of the laws against drug imprisonment, and instead put all of the effort and money that they were using for imprisonment into rehabilitation

drug use went down

an example of how they are not the same thing in the slightest

noedit: I think it was finland, forget now I'm not sure

nope it was switzerland

They really aren't. Have you ever seen how a US prison works? We have some of the highest re-incarceration rates in the world because our prisons don't rehabilitate prisoners. Instead, about 3 out of 4 prisoners end up just going back again for some reason or another, which is theorized to be because they "don't know better".
imprisonment was the wedding word; a white 12 year old would go to some kind of detention center for like a month

imprisonment was the wedding word; a white 12 year old would go to some kind of detention center for like a month
I took a half of year of law studies and we learned all about the prison system.  The goal of a prison or a "correction center" is to correct the person in prison into a productive member of society.  But, there are some cases in which this fails.  For example, if someone is really old and dies in prison, or if someone goes to death row which is a different discussion.  Another time this fails is if the correction fails to work, in this case the person will be put back into prison and most likely be asked to see someone for help psychologically.  Some special cases which i found interesting were: if the inmate can't afford the common things in everyday life, so they want to be in prison so they get food, healthcare, etc. 

Juvenile Correction Centers are similar but a little bit different.  For one thing, they are a little less strict than other correction centers with adults.  For another thing, they receive free schooling and free education.  An interesting case i saw involved a child who had really bad ADHD or something that made him really violent.  His family couldn't afford the medicine to help him, so they practically relied on prisons to supply the medicine for him. 

This kid will get everything he needs in juvie.

Less mountain dew and more ADHD meds.