How do you get work done/ motivate yourself

Author Topic: How do you get work done/ motivate yourself  (Read 2086 times)

Hi guys, exams are pretty soon for me and i don't know if you're in the same boat as i am, but im getting pretty stressed out because i cant find myself to get revision and my work done. I really don't know how do get in the right mindset and i was wondering if any of you have any tips you could share to help me and anyone else struggling. Thanks!

deadline myself and set timers and rewards

Methylfenidate (adderal/concerta)

I make a list of importance and estimate how long I think each task will last and set up rewards
Like I'm playing a game and a certain thing takes an hour to grow (farming server) so I'll finish this project while I wait
Then I'll get to go back and farm some more then it'd take another hour so I'd have more time to work

try to find a way that makes the assignment fun

math and science are already okay because I love math and science

usually for stuff like English I just want to be a good writer, so I view it as improving my skills

for history (eugh) I just try to make the design of my projects as best as possible, but if it's something like reading the textbook I'll usually just listen in class, don't care about history grades. if I write papers, since we don't have to be gramatically correct, I'll write my papers in full rhyme or with abstract s-v placement (yoda talk)

for art, I doodle, for band, I cry because I suck at music, for tech I program

My desire to succeed motivates me

Inspiration/motivation comes naturally to me.

It's better to learn how to work without motivation, because it's not always going to be there for you to lean on when you need it the most.

I wait until the deadline and then freak the forget out
sadly I can't set good deadlines for myself when it's something not school related

cough art cought

thanks for reminding me i have an essay due tomorrow