What do you have?

AMD
15 (26.8%)
Intel
2 (3.6%)
Nividia
39 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Graphics Cards  (Read 4269 times)

What Is a graphics card?
A Graphics Card is a piece of computer hardware that produces the image you see on a monitor. The Graphics Card is responsible for rendering an image to your monitor, it does this by converting data into a signal your monitor can understand.
Graphics cards come in these major sellers.
Two Major Graphics Card Types

Intergrated = Built with the computer.

External = Built Somewhere else but not with the computer but can be hooked into this area of a motherboard

(This is a dell optiplex, just using it for an example)

AMD/ATI - Expensive But Strong and Kind of fast
(External)

Intel Cheap, But Strong and sort of slow

Nividia Expensive But EXTREMELY Strong.

Let the debate begin >:-]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:43:35 PM by Protoss Dragoon »

Right off the bat I see that you probably only kinda know what you're talking about when you categorize the different companies like that.

Both AMD and NVidia have cards ranging anywhere from $50 all the way to $600 or $700. Sometimes a new generation of one brand one ups the other in certain ways, sometimes in others, but you can't really categorize it like that.

Also what do you mean strong?

Right off the bat I see that you probably only kinda know what you're talking about when you categorize the different companies like that.

Both AMD and NVidia have cards ranging anywhere from $50 all the way to $600 or $700. Sometimes a new generation of one brand one ups the other in certain ways, sometimes in others, but you can't really categorize it like that.

Also what do you mean strong?

Powerful.

the cards can withstand a lot of weight

Powerful.
Ok. But the problem is that a $600 AMD card will blow any $100 NVidia card out of the water. So again, you can't really categorize it like you have. Sure, certain brands tend to better at one thing over another (for example AMD cards tend to be much better for bitcoin mining), but it doesn't really work like that...

mfw accidentally click intel instead of nvidia

mfw accidentally click intel instead of nvidia
YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE PC COMMUNITY

Intel makes GPUs?

I thought they where only integrated... well from what I have heard their always trying to tout that their onboard gpu's with the higher i5 and i7 models are actually pretty beefy.

Makes me wonder how well they would do if they sold GPU's as well.

Edit: Where's the option for people that like both AMD and nvidia?

My mind be like

You have to discombobulate the watchamacallit.

well you know i actually like my games to be optimized with the gpu so nvidia