Author Topic: [Rant] I think I now have a reason to be worried about my work situation  (Read 1247 times)

During my rather unfortunate leave of absence, I've since managed to milk a raise out of Hardee's which I should see on my next paycheck in two weeks. I'm also getting an ever so slight decrease in hours, working only 6 on Friday and 7 on Saturday.
good game, bro

How'd the GM take it?

Your health and mental ease should be the first consideration.

You need more sleep, methinks.

forget a hostile work environment.

You are obviously a hard worker and will do fine with or without these current jobs.

Turnt

good game, bro

How'd the GM take it?

Lol she was like silly putty. I tend to be a very sly person and have been ever since I could talk. I managed to bring a conversation around to how much I'm making at Walgreens emphasizing that I'm making more money over there to do less strenuous work with more breaks. Very next day, my GM was like, "Hey hey hey I gave you a raise you should see it in your next paycheck!"

Interestingly enough, I also heard that another Hardee's in the same district just got in loads of trouble for paying employees less than minimum wage as well as charging more than usual on food to make more money. One of the assistant managers then approached me saying that he remembered looking at the pay sheet and noticing that my pay had, at one time (for months), been under minimum wage and he considered reporting it anonymously. However, my pay was adjusted at the turn of the year to be exactly minimum wage and nobody said anything about it.

Your health and mental ease should be the first consideration.

You need more sleep, methinks.

forget a hostile work environment.

You are obviously a hard worker and will do fine with or without these current jobs.

Turnt

Doing all of this is similar to trying to jump on a trampoline with ten books stacked on my head. If I focus too much on one thing, everything falls apart. If I assessed all of my current worries right now, it'd look something like this:

School: Slowly deteriorating. Most of my grades are still pretty decent but with finals coming up, my homework is getting heavier and harder to manage. For this reason, I may have an excuse to get out of work some more for this month.

Work: Going pretty well for the most part. I'm getting better at my job at Walgreens and I'm getting noticed by the managers. There seems to be some more walls with people at Hardee's but I'm now at the point where I'm practically the most efficient drive thru worker now. I'm making an absolute killing in paychecks but I'm also spending a lot more than I should.

Social life: I never really had one in the first place, but I kind of wish I did.

Health: Depends on the week. Sometimes I feel like getting out of bed is trying to escape from having truck parked on top of me, and then I'm constantly running late for things. Other days, I'm out of bed at 7:00AM ready to start the day. I'm eating way too much fast food however, so I've been trying to eat salads and stuff while I'm on breaks from work. I'm getting really tuckered out with the meager choice of fast food around here (literally just McDonald's, Taco Bell, Hardee's, and Subway) so I'm probably going to start buying dry foods to keep in my car to eat on days that I can't go home. In terms of mental health, I'm always suffering from mood swings where one minute, I'm loving my work situation where I'm making mountains of cash. Next minute, I'm wanting to cash in my two weeks at both jobs, drop out of school, and just die. On the bright side, the midnight hallucinations seem to be more sparse and I'm generally getting more accepted as a member of both jobs.