Author Topic: Commorose v1.1(i.e. a sfx menu)  (Read 4500 times)

From suggestion by Ctrooper

Pressing the plant brick button [default: Enter] brings up the commo rose menu, then you navigate the menu with the brick shift buttons [default: 2468], then you select your sound by pressing the plant brick button again. Cancel brick [default: 0] cancels the menu.

If you need your build controls back, just say /commorose in chat. RTB prefs for enabled and spam delay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5n2h0bdk05odpi/Server_Commorose.zip?dl=0

Changelog:
v1.1
  • Other people can now hear your soundfx
v1.0
  • Initial release

If you want to customize the sounds (because chipmunks or something), just navigate to the Sounds folder in Server_Commorose. Make a bunch of folders and name those folders what you want displayed (Under_scores are replaced with spa ces). In those named folders, put all the sound files you want to play in those folders. Then when you select that menu option, it will randomly play one of those sounds.

Helpful picture:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:38:09 AM by Whirlwind~ »

im going to put in my own sound effects and make it great

This is so useful! Do you think you could make it so that there could be multiple voices to choose from?
Maybe the event can go something like this:

OnActivate>Player>SetVoice>(FOLDER NAME)
      OnActivate>Client>Setvoice>(FOLDERNAME)

As an example for a TF2 server:

A player clicks a brick to get the voices of the solder
A player can click another brick to get the voices of the scout

EDIT: I found out that you cannot hear other players using the voice commands.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:25:09 PM by OzmarBlock »

Like what OzmarBlock says, it appears to be broken. Only the person who triggers the sound can hear it, making this pretty useless for the time being. It does seem really cool though and I can't wait for it to be fixed so I can replace all the sounds with CS sounds.

It's pretty odd because it uses the play3D function, not play2D

It's pretty odd because it uses the play3D function, not play2D
It does seem to play the sound where the player was when it was activated, even if you move around it, so it should work.
But the sounds cannot be heard by anyone but the activator.

So if I replaced the sounds I could make one scream like a gorilla like Brock Lesnar?

I found out that you cannot hear other players using the voice commands.

Ah, that's what I get for only testing in single player.

Fixed. It needed to be serverPlay3D not %client.play3d.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:37:07 AM by Whirlwind~ »

This is cool, although wouldn't it make more sense if you used the light key to scroll down through the list instead of numpad keys, considering that you may be using it in combat?
Like the addon is great, that would just make more sense imo

I will make my own sound pack for this.

%player.playAudio(slot, sound) (I think, if not then it is backwards) could work too because it will travel with the player. If I remember, most of them use slot 2

This is cool, although wouldn't it make more sense if you used the light key to scroll down through the list instead of numpad keys, considering that you may be using it in combat?
Like the addon is great, that would just make more sense imo

If you are using this during combat the light key is your reload button.

Someone make a Donald Annoying Orange soundpack for this.

inb4China.wavSpam