Metal in my throat

Author Topic: Metal in my throat  (Read 1332 times)

I have a thin metal bar lodged in the side of my throat (on the inside) and I'm going to get an X-ray
tomorrow
The bar was from my bottom permanent retainer and it fell off about 15 mins ago without me noticing so I swallowed it along with the food I was eating ×~×

well don't die that would be bad

you gotta swallow thin metal bars the long way or else that'll happen

well don't die that would be bad
Unless it travels to my brain I won't but IDK my mom says as long as I don't touch it it'll be fine

Unless it travels to my brain I won't but IDK my mom says as long as I don't touch it it'll be fine
I'd think it would get into your heart before that but idk

Good news!
My mom got fed up with me complaining about the pain so she took tweezers and fished it out herself
so everything is okay now but I'm still going to the dentist tomorrow for another permanent retainer
I'd think it would get into your heart before that but idk
I don't know my mom is the one with the medical degree and she said it'd go to my brain if I pushed the wire in more (I kept putting my fingers into my mouth :x)

From someone else's account they waited a good few hours at the hospital for a doctor to just come up to them and yank the thing outta their throat and put it in a small plastic bag. There is always the off-chance that you accidentally push it deeper in, but thankfully your mom did it right. Hope it doesn't happen again!

You should play with strong magnets.

RIP Johnny
2001-2016
He ate metal

(I know his mom took it out this was a joke)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:01:14 PM by HooperScooper »

RIP Johnny
2002-2016
He ate metal

(I know his mom took it out this was a joke)
How do you math

Edit: forgot it doesn't show my actual birthday but anyways I'm turning 15 this summer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:04:37 AM by True Johnny »

what is a retainer
it sounds like a torture device

what is a retainer
It's a thing you need for your teeth, basically a torture device

what is a retainer
What do you live in the UK or something
OT:
The wire (permanent retainer) that went into my throat

What a retainer is

Where it goes

Theyre used to keep your teeth from going back to the way they were before braces in other words they keep the teeth straight for the rest of your life ;p