Author Topic: cant connect to 3/4 servers  (Read 763 times)

whenever i try to connect to most servers i'll just lock up on downloading addons or downloading file manifest, the game wont freeze, the download and chat will just stop

i've tried enabling and disabling fastpackets and theres no change

heres a console log with trace(1); on of me joining a few servers where it happens

please note im running through wine on unbuntu 15.10, wine is set to use windows 7

this still happens on my windows 7 drive as well, however, and on a windows 8 laptop, so this is not a wine exclusive issue

its also worth noting that many of my friends have said they also have this issue

i only have had this issue after the fastpacket update

The issue is (mostly?) server sided and there is nothing you can do about it except point hosts towards my post here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290045.msg8784434#msg8784434

Badspot's too lazy to fix his game so you'll have to live with that.

I've gotten an issue that sounds like this and using the console to flush the texture cache seems to make the download continue.

Still don't know if its just me or not.

The command is "flushtexturecache();"

I've gotten an issue that sounds like this and using the console to flush the texture cache seems to make the download continue.

Still don't know if its just me or not.

The command is "flushtexturecache();"
Basically, you're lagging your game till the packets 'catch up' or something of the sort.

try spam connecting until the host bans you. :cookieMonster:

only joking. on a serious note, the only quickfix solution i've found is reconnect a couple times.
Make sure you point out you're not spam connecting before you do it, the chat doesn't load for the client, but if you type something and send it, it'll show up in chat.

noedit.
i've also found that sometimes letting the file packets sit for about 5 minutes works too.

Do not reconnect repeatedly.