Author Topic: Question about android.  (Read 1985 times)

... huh? What do you mean?
I honestly can't remember the last time I closed a background app. Do we have a different idea of what a 'background app' is?
what i mean is, if you open an app then don't actually close it, but just leave it minimized in the background.
or it other words, having a stuff ton of stuff open at the same time

if it's running it is taking up ram and, whether or not it's a significant amount, processing power

during startup an app could require more out of the device to get set up and ready for use, but tbh in sc's case it has to refresh often anyways. so unless you expect to snap every 2 minutes for a period of time just kill it

the only apps i ever have open are the ones i'm using at that time (ie music & texting) and sometimes web pages that i want to read later but don't want to bookmark

what i mean is, if you open an app then don't actually close it, but just leave it minimized in the background.
or it other words, having a stuff ton of stuff open at the same time

yeah but like.. it's just a long, scrolling list
i didn't think people actually closed anything

Yeah I had like 20 things open and my phone was working fine

background running apps also take up battery

especially google maps

make sure you stop the process on that after using it, it takes up so much battery ugh.

Technically unused ram is wasted ram, but since most social network or just poorly coded apps don't truly suspend into ram, its probably best to close them.

i didn't think people actually closed anything
I got into the habit a few months ago because my phone started lagging to all hell