What would be the best application to script addons?

Author Topic: What would be the best application to script addons?  (Read 2372 times)

I want to start making addons, and ive already learned a bit of torque scripting, but I was wander what would be the best application to script the addons?

I just use Notepad++ with Javascript highlighting if I'm too lazy to get the Torquescript highlighting

Notepad++ is pretty good. I'm not sure if it's available to Windows/Mac but I use gedit.

I just use microsoft visual c# editor, but notepad++ is better

I prefer sublime, however notepad++ is good.

imo sublime interface and usability is a lot more preferrable than notepad++. to me, its like the upgrade to notepad++ that notepad++ is to vim/emacs

Sublime text 3 with ts syntax highlighting.

For ts I use sublime text 3 with the syntax package found in one of the stickied topics

I just use TextEdit(it's a Mac application).

I used notepad (default windows) for the longest, Until Johny Blockhead convinced me of the glory of sublime

I use Atom with my own TorqueScript syntax highlighting package which is derived from the improved highlighter for Sublime Text.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:02:42 AM by Port »

I used Atom too, with Port's highlighting. Useful since it has a whole community of extensions that are super easy to install and use and is pretty integrated with git.

For ts I use sublime text 3 with the syntax package found in one of the stickied topics

Sublime Text is excellent, and it's very pretty. However, I personally like ToruqeDev. It tells you when you have some basic syntax errors and stuff, and I've used it to make a lot of add-ons.