Caravan Gaming Thread [Community]

Author Topic: Caravan Gaming Thread [Community]  (Read 2817 times)

2) Sound quality seems to be worse, not sure if this is true though.

its true

with the main selling point of t being free to host.
LMFAO loving "POINT OF T BEING FREE" LMAOOOO WTF LEARN TO TYPE.

Seems to be true to me.

LMFAO loving "POINT OF T BEING FREE" LMAOOOO WTF LEARN TO TYPE.

Seems to be true to me.
Dude idk what you are talking about, clearly the point of t is free

I was getting decent sound at the bl discord the other day.

Dude idk what you are talking about, clearly the point of t is free

I was getting decent sound at the bl discord the other day.
Team speak is much clear-er 100% of the time.

There are a lot of reasons we can't do this or don't want to, but to sum of the main points:

1) Discord is nice and all, but the features aren't at the same level as TS3 yet.
3) We would have to scrap all donation rewards, which some people have donated over $50 bucks.

Also, as I said in point 1, Discord is arguably worse than TS3, with the main selling point of t being free to host.
I've never had any issues with it.
The "features" it lacks are random things that don't inhibit it from doing what it's supposed to do.
The quality has been fine. Have you tried setting the channel bitrate?

yeah and its still not as good as teamspeak and lags like skype and then will accelerate pitch to keep up, which is truly awful

I've never had any issues with it.
The "features" it lacks are random things that don't inhibit it from doing what it's supposed to do.
The specific features I'm talking about are the low-level permissions and settings that you use customize your server. I know discord has some, but nowhere near on the level of teamspeak. Also, we didn't really mess around with discord that much, but our initial reaction was to the noticeable sound difference. It could be a setting that we just didn't see.

yeah and its still not as good as teamspeak and lags like skype and then will accelerate pitch to keep up, which is truly awful
Teamspeak just goes into robot speech when it needs to keep up. Also 'pitch' isn't the word you're looking for.
The specific features I'm talking about are the low-level permissions and settings that you use customize your server. I know discord has some, but nowhere near on the level of teamspeak. Also, we didn't really mess around with discord that much, but our initial reaction was to the noticeable sound difference. It could be a setting that we just didn't see.
I like having a much more seamless experience for voice chat than I care about pretty server features.

Teamspeak just goes into robot speech when it needs to keep up.

no, it does this when your connection is not stable, or the connection of the person speaking isnt stable

teamspeak has no catch-up feature, the voice will stay lagged untill the activation stops or the person lets go of the key

Also 'pitch' isn't the word you're looking for.

yes it is

Then I guess you're wrong.

pitch1
piCH/
noun
noun: pitch; plural noun: pitches

the quality of a sound governed by the rate of vibrations producing it; the degree of highness or lowness of a tone.

yeah, no, for sure, i guess im wrong

the definition is literally what the program does to the audio, it raises the tone

yeah, no, for sure, i guess im wrong

the definition is literally what the program does to the audio, it raises the tone
Have you used Discord recently?
It increases the tempo to catch up, it does not change the pitch of the audio.
I don't know if it used to change the pitch, but that is not true anymore.

I like having a much more seamless experience for voice chat than I care about pretty server features.
Teamspeak is perfectly seamless so long as you set it up correctly, and have gotten familiarized with the program.