Am I able to handle a new graphics card?

Author Topic: Am I able to handle a new graphics card?  (Read 1533 times)

I don't get how the OEM power supply is so bad.

If the power supply has enough power to supply the GTX 970 and the rest of the computer and has a good enough rating, it should do fine. While it may be worth while for Akio to invest into a better power supply I don't think it's worth it. I don't know your budget either Akio.
oem power supplies look fishy and come from brands ive never even heard of, like the computer im posting this from has a Bestec power supply, and ive never heard of them. I also just dont trust the capacitors in one of those will last as long as something like a EVGA power supply, hell even an Antec power supply if you need to go cheaper.

I made my graphics card by hand from old toaster parts, a dvd player, and some duct tape

oem power supplies look fishy and come from brands ive never even heard of, like the computer im posting this from has a Bestec power supply, and ive never heard of them. I also just dont trust the capacitors in one of those will last as long as something like a EVGA power supply, hell even an Antec power supply if you need to go cheaper.

Ok, that's pretty reasonable.

Akio, have you had any problems with the power supply so far? If not, you could probably hold out with the one you have (if it is the 500 watt).

Also, Akio, what's yo' budget?

I made my graphics card by hand from old toaster parts, a dvd player, and some duct tape

thinking quickly, i improvised my 970 with only a raspberry pi computer, zip ties, a crossfire connector, and a 970

Manufacturing your own electronics couldn't be too hard, right? You just get a lot of copper and boom, you got it

Ok, that's pretty reasonable.

Akio, have you had any problems with the power supply so far? If not, you could probably hold out with the one you have (if it is the 500 watt).

Also, Akio, what's yo' budget?
0 probs afaik. Budget is under 400

0 probs afaik. Budget is under 400

That's $330 for a 970 + $70 for a new PSU, it's fine

Manufacturing your own electronics couldn't be too hard, right? You just get a lot of copper and boom, you got it
pshhhh copper
I made mine from mithril and Unobtainium

That's $330 for a 970 + $70 for a new PSU, it's fine

I don't know if $70 would be that good for a decent, reliable PSU. Could try though

I don't know if $70 would be that good for a decent, reliable PSU. Could try though

He can sell the old PSU afterwards to get a bit more, I guess? It should be enough.

better than the greybox he's probably got in his computer. can probably get an 80+ gold, too

Psychologically, you may not be able to handle the immersive gaming experience that NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics processor solutions offer you.