ingrown fingernail shenanigans : but wait theres more

Author Topic: ingrown fingernail shenanigans : but wait theres more  (Read 2731 times)

Doctor. ASAP.

I had an ingrown toe nail. It ended up getting so infected over time because I didn't get it checked out. We tried doing alcohol compression and stuff but to no avail, it hurt like stuff. I had to get 1/6 of my toe removed that was scar tissue and the blue damaged nail plate is still growing away. It looks ugly af. It hurt like hell until the surgery also.
well, like last time, its getting a weird white line where the spike is
ill wait until it either starts visibly showing puss under the skin so i can open and dis-infect or do nothing at all

doctor tomorrow if it doesnt stop.

well, like last time, its getting a weird white line where the spike is
ill wait until it either starts visibly showing puss under the skin so i can open and dis-infect or do nothing at all

doctor tomorrow if it doesnt stop.
Yeah It'd be a good idea to remove it since this is usually what the ingrown part of the nail looks like

It isn't just the spike itself, it's that entire red region I drew out, all of that is nail that grew under and into your skin, which causes the infection and swelling. The reason there is a small spike is because the ingrown nail part is growing long enough to where it's coming out of your skin there

Doctor. ASAP.

I had an ingrown toe nail. It ended up getting so infected over time because I didn't get it checked out. We tried doing alcohol compression and stuff but to no avail, it hurt like stuff. I had to get 1/6 of my toe removed that was scar tissue and the blue damaged nail plate is still growing away. It looks ugly af. It hurt like hell until the surgery also.
looks like you

nailed it

i get ingrown toenails every so often. just man through it and get that stuff out with a clipper

this entire thread belongs in you cringe you lose

this entire thread belongs in you cringe you lose
you are extremely weak if you cringed to this.

Redness = infection
You need to soak it in Epson salt (recommended by doctors) with warm water then when its soft it won't hurt as much -- it also gets the infection out
after that you just cut it out
also puss is bad so if it breaks the skin try to get it all out
the doctor will say you need to soak it with salt and if it gets worse theyll put shots in your finger and remove part of your nail
do not ever peal your nail when it breaks-- always use clippers
also dont bite your nails
youll probably have this for a few more months but just keep trimming it and itll fix itself after you grow it out

BY THE WAY:
your nails dont stop growing after you constantly bite them
they stop growing if youre unhealthy because your body focuses on other tasks if it notices something is wrong
you know those wave-like bumps on your nails? those show that a few months ago you were super unhealthy

my toe got forgeted up with this a while back, it was bad for like 6 days and i told myself if it went on for the whole week i would see a doctor but it turned out to be fine after a stuffload of puss came out, its fine now and has no redness or pain

i get ingrown toenails all the time and they freaking hurt. i dont see what the whole go see a doctor is about though. i just wait it out and it somehow magically goes away

Going to the doctor is what you do to get rid of an existing ingrown whatever, and make it go away permanently

I had a minor one the other day in my finger. Dug it out with my teeth, nail clippers, and a thumb tack. It hurt that bad.

i get ingrown toenails all the time and they freaking hurt. i dont see what the whole go see a doctor is about though. i just wait it out and it somehow magically goes away
Some times if it's bad enough the infection will just get worse and worse
They had to take my dad's toenail off because it got so bad they were afraid it would spread

If it's mild you can handle cutting the nail yourself like I do because my problem is hereditary so I have to know what to do
But if you wait too long and it doesn't grow out you'll regret life if you so much as breathe on it then if you have a terrible infection like my dad good luck

Going to the doctor is what you do to get rid of an existing ingrown whatever, and make it go away permanently
That is not true it really depends
I had a minor one the other day in my finger. Dug it out with my teeth, nail clippers, and a thumb tack. It hurt that bad.
You'll most likely get another one then
Always ALWAYS use nail clippers
Using teeth and other things will just leave jagged edges that cause more in the future
Nail files should be used for rounding out the sharp points left behind by nail clippers

Using teeth and other things will just leave jagged edges that cause more in the future
Nail files should be used for rounding out the sharp points left behind by nail clippers
ohh thats why, yeah, makes sense. I normally am SUPER healthy-- my nails grow an entire 2mm from being underwater for 6 hours.
My hair isnt any different; but ive definately been feeling.. drowsy, lately. Not sure if its related to the swelled finger- because I've been feeling drowsy before that.
DEFINATELY gonna visit a docta tomorrow. If it isn't gone, that is. My immune system is really beefy.

also i just smelled my finger and it smells like what you'd expect.slightly bad breath.

ohh thats why, yeah, makes sense. I normally am SUPER healthy-- my nails grow an entire 2mm from being underwater for 6 hours.
My hair isnt any different; but ive definately been feeling.. drowsy, lately. Not sure if its related to the swelled finger- because I've been feeling drowsy before that.
DEFINATELY gonna visit a docta tomorrow. If it isn't gone, that is. My immune system is really beefy.

also i just smelled my finger and it smells like what you'd expect.slightly bad breath.
Remember Epson salt and warm water will help a lot
Being drowsy isn't related
I don't have a MD but maybe it's because A. You aren't getting enough sleep or B. You need to eat healthier/drink more water