Author Topic: Click/onActivate a ghost brick?  (Read 1089 times)

/title

Is it possible (in any way) to determine if someone clicks on a ghost brick? Clicking on one seems to go straight through it.

i want to think that ghost bricks are client sided but i'm not sure

i want to think that ghost bricks are client sided but i'm not sure
creating a new brick object and not planting it seems to render it as a ghost brick, i'd assume it's server-sided

its server sided. when you experience mild lag, shifting your ghost brick lags as well, which proves its server sided

plus the ghost brick itself is an object on the server, so yeah.

i'd assume you'd have to write some special onActivate package to detect ghost bricks because i doubt they respond to raycasts, but they might be detected with $TypeMasks::FXBrickAlwaysObjectType (iirc that's the name of it but i may be wrong)

(new reply warning)
no
would it be possible to forceplant an invisible brick object wherever the ghost brick is, apply the events, and remove/replace it when moving the ghost brick?

no
this is a cool game

i'd assume you'd have to write some special onActivate package to detect ghost bricks because i doubt they respond to raycasts, but they might be detected with $TypeMasks::FXBrickAlwaysObjectType (iirc that's the name of it but i may be wrong)
i thought that too at first, but that doesn't work

would it be possible to forceplant an invisible brick object wherever the ghost brick is, apply the events, and remove/replace it when moving the ghost brick?

not necessarily (you can't plant a brick inside others, the colliders won't be created) and it would be inefficient as hell

not considering this solved as this is a doable workaround for what i'm doing (EDIT: probably unsolvable)

i'll just give the tiles underneath these ghost bricks a variable that points to them, since it just assumes i click the board again.
e.g. if %brick.ghost is an existing object, delete it. if it's not an object, create it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:14:05 PM by TheBlackParrot »

is there any reason for those to be ghost bricks

you could also make a static shapes that has only a collision layer and put it there

is there any reason for those to be ghost bricks

you could also make a static shapes that has only a collision layer and put it there
tiles that haven't been placed yet, yes.

why not make transparent bricks

why not make transparent bricks
this lol

its not like there's going to be a ton of bricks being placed/removed quickly

if I were you I would use invisible static shapes for the detection

imo I would like ghost bricks better, it just fits better