Maths megathread (Maths is fun or you get sacrificed)

Author Topic: Maths megathread (Maths is fun or you get sacrificed)  (Read 2235 times)

last night I calculated 2040x7.65 in my head in like 45 seconds and IIRC I calculated 15,906 but it's 15,606 and now I'm sad.

root 2
oh yeah also why is 30-60-90 triangle root 3

this annoyed me all math period today you ruin me
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:19:08 AM by Maxwell. »

this megathread cause my brain to melt.

the two correct answers:

there are two ways of doing answering question, I know the top heavy way (the one on the right) but the 3 13/15 answer has confused me, can anyone explain how you would get to that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

Very simple mathematical formula that you can find everywhere in some form, though there are many different forms of the Fibonacci sequence with their own formulas.
have you seen the equation for the nth fibonacci number
its not very simple

oh yeah also why is 30-60-90 triangle root 3

this annoyed me all math period today you ruin me

this was a pain to draw

the two correct answers:

there are two ways of doing answering question, I know the top heavy way (the one on the right) but the 3 13/15 answer has confused me, can anyone explain how you would get to that?

It's basically turning an improper fraction into a mixed number.

58/15 is equal to 3 (13/15), where 3 can be written as 45/15. When you add 13/15 to 45/15, you get 58/15, which is 3 (13/15), likewise.

i hate math it's my weakest subject and my lowest subscore on the ACT. 36 english, 26 math, 36 reading, 33 science.

like i can do math if i have time. unfortunately the ACT is more of a test of "how fast can you do this" rather than "can you do this at all" so.

Numberphile is my favourite channel on youtube by far
Fantastic Quaternions
How They Found the Worlds Biggest Prime Number
Elliptical Pool Table
Calculator Unboxing (It's better than it sounds)
ey someone else that watches bradys video

also do you watch the other nottingham science/math channels?