Author Topic: Nvidia vs AMD brown townysis in Blockland  (Read 3913 times)

What's your CPU usage while running this?

one (last) thread is at 73%, rest are close to 0%. GPU usage is at 100%!

which means (at least in this scenario): Blockland only likes a single core/thread, and it's good at using your GPU
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:15:21 PM by communistsquared »

I get 80 fps on that thing.

One thing I noticed is blockland does not use a specific core. Cpu usage is all over the place for all of them...

what CPU/GPU do you have? and Im assuming 1080p?

Ill post my own CPU core graph later as well

Using an i7 6700k and 980 ti

I would not be suprised if these tests are false. We are talking about a guy that pretty much thinks AMD is a god and he should give gifts to him like, money.

Something weird is when i upgraded from ATI to Nivida i got probably 3x the FPS from the game than with the ATI card. The upgrade was not even really that big,it was incredibly small.

We are talking about a guy that pretty much thinks AMD is a god and he should give gifts to him like, money.

??? what are you talking about

Something weird is when i upgraded from ATI to Nivida i got probably 3x the FPS from the game than with the ATI card. The upgrade was not even really that big,it was incredibly small.
"probably"

I actually did a full test with frametime graphs, that is far more reliable than "oh i upgraded and it was x3 better lol"

sure it's definitely not as reliable as the testing methodology of professional reviewing sites but it's still miles ahead some vague user report
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:32:37 PM by communistsquared »

I get 80 fps on that thing.

One thing I noticed is blockland does not use a specific core. Cpu usage is all over the place for all of them...

just tested it myself, I got pretty different results.

thread/cores #1 and 8 are used, threads/cores #3 and 5 are very slightly used and threads/cores #2, 4, 6 and 7 are not used at all.

wondering if this is driver specific.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:18:42 PM by communistsquared »

I would not be suprised if these tests are false. We are talking about a guy that pretty much thinks AMD is a god and he should give gifts to him like, money.

not to mention that i've built more builds with nvidia GPUs than amd... there's no reason for me to fake the results

and yes, i gave them money. that's called "purchasing". i wonder if he was trolling or serious

In my opinion, AMD does have better results of the game isn't driver based (Certain games like Fallout 4 have more support for NVidia, so AMD will probably have less FPS and possible more problems)

In my opinion, AMD does have better results of the game isn't driver based (Certain games like Fallout 4 have more support for NVidia, so AMD will probably have less FPS and possible more problems)

well, there is no such thing as "driver based". you're thinking of Nvidia GameWorks, Nvidia's enhancement suite which includes stuff like HBAO+, TXAA, Hairworks, PhysX etc for easing integration into games.

no problem running all that on AMD except primarily for physx (which Nvidia outright refuses to make it work on AMD hardware) and Hairworks, which relies on tessellation and AMD cards are generally bad at tessellation. there may be a few other features (I think a few anti aliasing solutions) but those are the main two that really hit AMD hard.

~110FPS with a GTX 1080 (not overclocked) and i7-6700k (@4.5GHz)

~55% improvement over my older R9 390X (in other games it's closer to 60-70%)

I'm surprised that AMD has the edge here (relatively), even though it's an OpenGL game (and AMD tended to have horsestuff OpenGL support/performance)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:16:44 PM by communistsquared »

My next PC was originally going to have a GTX 970, but I'm replacing it with the new RX 480 that's coming out, as it's $100 cheaper and has specs roughly equivalent to a GTX 980 or a Fury X.

My next PC was originally going to have a GTX 970, but I'm replacing it with the new RX 480 that's coming out, as it's $100 cheaper and has specs roughly equivalent to a GTX 980 or a Fury X.
the rx 480 is like the cheapmans gtx 1080 except it's full fledged