Author Topic: Microsoft forcing upgrade to Windows 10?  (Read 4655 times)

Bill screwed up this time!

So a "Get windows 10" update popup on my Windows 7 computer appears sometimes when I start my PC. And it says "We would like to schedule your upgrade on April 24 11:00" Does this mean it will force my computer to upgrade automatically to Windows 10 on that specific date? If so please tell me how to make that not happen. I wanna stay on Windows 7 because I am used to it and I don't want to go through that long and obnoxious process of having to re-install everything on my computer.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:36:10 PM by RockyDoctor65 »

Just update, you're going to have to eventually anyway. It's not a steep learning curve at all because I adjusted quickly.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:23:46 PM by MoltenKitten »

Stop being a pansy and update, you're going to have to eventually. It's not a steep learning curve at all because I adjusted quickly.

"stop preferring a different operating system and accept the new one up your starfish because it's the way of the future."

Stop being a pansy and update, you're going to have to eventually. It's not a steep learning curve at all because I adjusted quickly.
whats wrong with not wanting to update? I dont want to update because last time I did, it completely forgeted my explorer process and was literally unusable.

actual help: use GWX Control Panel http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

so not wanting to update to windows 10 is being a pansy? GG

forget off. I updated to Win 10 to try it out and it broke the driver functionality on my $500 tablet, so I ducked the forget out of that garbage. I like Win 7 and I deleted the Win 10 upgrade update from my computer and hid it. Never to see it again.

use GWX Control Panel http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/
use this
it removes GWX.exe and everything windows 10 related so you'll never have to see it again
also be sure to block updates if you haven't already, since two updates forcefully install windows 10 by going to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update

Just update, you're going to have to eventually anyway. It's not a steep learning curve at all because I adjusted quickly.
this post makes me think you're trying to fit into the IT crowd or something and failing miserably.

also use GWX control panel and get rid of it, please don't stop installing all updates because of microsofts stuff, i can't wait till august when they pull the plug on this bullstuff.

in windows 7 you can hide specific updates for them to never be installed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:33:10 PM by Trymos »

I don't want to go through that long and obnoxious process of having to re-install everything on my computer.
There's two types of installs: upgrade and clean install. Upgrade just upgrades the OS, it doesn't remove any user data or applications, like a clean install does.
I'm pretty sure the free windows 10 is an upgrade.

use this
it removes GWX.exe and everything windows 10 related so you'll never have to see it again
also be sure to block updates if you haven't already, since two updates forcefully install windows 10 by going to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update
Thanks this really helped.

windows ruins everything

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:42:19 PM by Chip Car »

This kind of stuff is exactly why I switched to Linux (that and compiling is much easier). It's a shame a few of my games don't work, but I'll live.

when the """upgrade""" happens does it download windows 10 or does it already have windows 10 magically

when the """upgrade""" happens does it download windows 10 or does it already have windows 10 magically
it downloads it beforehand
since it has "scheduled" the update, it probably already downloaded it