Author Topic: "Server could not verify your Blockland ID"  (Read 6115 times)

When was the last time you played BL prior to this issue?

Is there something wrong with your firewall? Did you do any updates or tweaks regarding it?

Did you have to mess with the router? (I think you said something about this but I missed it).

Did you switch internet providers?

Has the settings for your internet mysteriously changed?

I remember I could join servers more than a week ago, I don't see anything that my firewall is doing against Blockland, I tried disconnecting it and no results, I did not mess anything with the router, no recent switch on the provider and I did not changed my internet settings as I'm aware of.

Oh! Do you have Avast or any other similar computer safety system? That could be messing with your game. I got to a store (it's called "The Viper Store") and sometimes my FireFox gets iffy about the safety of the site. (Even though Viper enthusiasts have used it before).

Also, I would have just added this in to what I said before but you can't edit the previous post....
I use Malwarebytes but I don't even leave that on.

I'm really getting stressed out and worried about this, it's been almost two weeks can someone please help me out? Badspot or Rotondo please take a look at this if possible.

I remember I could join servers more than a week ago, I don't see anything that my firewall is doing against Blockland
What activity has been going on before this happened?

Ok so I used my non-steam version of Blockland and checked it's cmd, it showed up this.
%
Binding server port to default IP
UDP initialized on port 11589
Starting client authentication...
Engine initialized...
WARNING: authTCPobj_Client - got non-200 http response "403"
WARNING: 4xx error on authTCPobj_Client, retrying
%

Not sure if that is anything useful or not.

Thought about it some more, try doing:

trace( 1 );

Then, auth_Init_Client();

trace( 0 );

then post the results.

Thought about it some more, try doing:

trace( 1 );

Then, auth_Init_Client();

trace( 0 );

then post the results.
Alright I got the console log of it, it's on puush so I hope it's not a problem.
http://puu.sh/oGOU9/8b9aaa2c34.txt
Do you see anything weird going on?

http://www.garycact.us/things/weird.html
that's what the auth tcp received. it was repeated like 6 times, i have no clue what it is
you shouldn't have to do a malware scan or whatever the site tells you to do, its just incredibly strange.

Do you see anything weird going on?

Yes. Your client received a cloudflare challenge page instead of the auth response.

Yes. Your client received a cloudflare challenge page instead of the auth response.
OH RIGHT this Cloudfare thing showed up on some websites I open quite frequently asking to select some pictures to prove I'm not a "robot" so I can have access to the website, is there anyway for me to get rid of it?

Do you guys know any program or any method to get rid of this weird challenge page? It's been going on for days, and I have to pass through it everytime I open the blockland forums, I guess if I remove it I can play the game again.

Badspot

• Administrator
I have updated the cloudflare rules, see if it still happens.

I have updated the cloudflare rules, see if it still happens.
Sadly yes, the bottom text of the menu screen still shows "Authentication: Validating key..." And it won't stop, I can't even load the server list.

I forgot to tell that Cloudfare is also affecting other webistes I visit as well, not all of them but most that I visit often, is there a way to get rid of this?

Badspot

• Administrator
Sadly yes, the bottom text of the menu screen still shows "Authentication: Validating key..." And it won't stop, I can't even load the server list.

How about now?

I forgot to tell that Cloudfare is also affecting other webistes I visit as well, not all of them but most that I visit often, is there a way to get rid of this?

It's heuristically driven, so if your traffic looks like it's up to something cloudflare will flag you and make you jump through javascript hoops to verify that you're a real user.  If you're connecting through tor or other proxy that other people are using for nefarious purposes you'll get flagged.  Or if you're sending anything that looks like a bug exploit or DoS attempt like malformed requests, null character inserts, etc.  Sometimes this can happen at random but since the problem has persisted for multiple days, you might have some kind of malware. 

Alright, after talking to mister Filipe here, I've come across some interesting information.

Apparently he's been having CloudFlare's challenge captcha thingies show up on all sorts of websites. According to CloudFlare's FAQ, it recommended a check on Project Honeypot to see if anything suspicious was happening from his IP address. Sure enough, it appears that someone seems to be using his IP address to orchestrate dictionary attacks and spam emails.

My guess is that CloudFlare saw that Filipe's IP reputation on Honeypot and promptly flagged it as suspicious, which is why he's been receiving all these captchas and challenges. I'm also guessing that when Blockland tries to authenticate, it's using a CloudFlare server and is promptly blocked because it can't handle a challenge captcha.

This might need to moved out of Help.

Well to be fair a few months ago I had some issues with a strange malware that used to pop-up some ads in texts by highlighting them in blue, I managed to get rid of it completely but it probably sent some weird IP activities that this "cloudfare" managed to detect something fishy.

I'm no technician in this so I really don't have a clue, I just want to get this sorted out...