Author Topic: [Weapons] Half-Life 1: Tau Cannon and Gluon Gun  (Read 9042 times)

holy fucc i love you rally

Thanks dudes

Half Life DM anyone?

I wanted to make one but it takes me ages to build something and my internet sucks anyway lmao

Thanks dudes

I wanted to make one but it takes me ages to build something and my internet sucks anyway lmao

I think you can ask Hotdot or anyone else who are great to help you build one. I even think that Greek2me made a Black Mesa DM.

Half Life DM anyone?
I'm up for it

Finally, not only there are some more Half Life weapons, but these are the best weapons too!
It even uses the BMS sounds, which is cooler.
(What is that blood stuff?)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:55:25 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

The left click shot for the tau cannon should actually be automatic, even if its kinda OP.

The half-life tau cannon and gluon gun was designed with an ammo capacity in mind. Both weapons eat depleted uranium quickly.

The left click shot for the tau cannon should actually be automatic, even if its kinda OP.

Yeah that was the original design I had planned but I very quickly realized that it was either not possible or so hard to pull off that nobody in the history of Blockland has ever tried to do it. Think about it, to fire automatically you have to hold down LMB. To charge you have to hold down LMB. You can't do both of these things on the same mouse button. I tried moving it over to RMB but with the way the weaponImage state system and Armour::onTrigger works, I just don't think it's possible. So instead I just elected to have it semi-automatic and re-balance the damage accordingly.

Ammo is for scrubs. I may add it as an optional feature when I've made a pack containing all the Half Life weapons, but for now you'll just have to balance your DM's the old fashioned way.

(What is that blood stuff?)

Thanks bro, I'm actually not sure. You should ask the video author.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:31:49 AM by Rally »

when I've made a pack containing all the Half Life weapons
So you're planning on making a HL1 weapons pack? If you are, you should put all of the weapons in one thread, but honestly, these are all fantastic.
Btw I found out the blood is called cube gore.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:56:46 AM by Ryan Crowlife »

So you're planning on making a HL1 weapons pack? If you are, you should put all of the weapons in one thread, but honestly, these are all fantastic.

yeah, I am

Imo many of these weapons are unique enough to get their own threads. There's gonna be quite a bit of time between each release as well. When it gets to the boring old ballistic weapons, they'll probably all come out in the same thread