Author Topic: Neo isn't the one, you guys.  (Read 320 times)

Warning: Spoilers (If you haven't seen the matrix)

Basically, I am going to quote Film Theory here. But Neo isn't the one, in the Matrix trilogy. Agent Smith is.
Explanation:
    The oracle, the architect, and basically everybody says that 'The One' needs to make a significant difference in the matrix. Did Neo ever really do that? Not really, he just flew a bunch. Sure, you can say that he 'killed' Smith, or that he can fight hella well, but that doesn't really mean anything. He can alter the code, but not permanently change the code, or free the people like The One is supposed to do. Speaking of killing Smith, did he really kill him? Not really. He killed a /version/ of him, which only made the same Smith come back, but much more powerful. In the 2nd matrix movie(Reloaded), you can see that Smith, with his cloning, made a much more significant difference than Neo did. Now, you might argue 'but Smith is a program!111!!1'. Yes, in a way, but he is an AI. In the first movie, which Morpheus in the building, with Neo and Trinity with the hele, Smith shows blatant human like signs. He says that he can smell the humans. He hates the stench. In addition, the architect himself says that 'The One' must be around since the beginning of the Matrix. Was Neo? No. But Smith was. Smith says himself that he was in the matrix since the first versions. In conclusion, Smith, in the last movie, got 'killed'. Right? No, Smith inserted his code into the system, through Neo, destroying the virtual world, and freeing everybody. So.. why did everybody think Neo was the one?
    Well, in short. The oracle made neo the theoretical one, but her reasoning was to provoke Smith to do more. So that smith, in the end, would free the people. If you notice, after the people are freed, the Architect goes to the oracle, and says something along the lines of 'you made a risky decision'. This decision was lieng to everybody about Neo being the one. So in end: The oracle lied about neo being the one. Neo can hit stuff pretty good. Smith is the The One, and he freed the people.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMU1mKdwPI

Sorry if I am missing info, or incorrectly said things from Film theory. I am going off of when I saw it like 2 months ago.

i saw the matrix and was zapped to cyberspace
i turned into the freekazoid im strong and super quick

>film theory
isn't that just matpats second channel he made when fnaf games stopped coming out and he wasn't getting enough money

The One is merely a name for the process designed to guide the Systemic anomaly which manifests as The One to go to the source so that The Anomaly can reinsert the prime program into the system so that the Architect can reboot the matrix into the next iteration/version, 7.0. Smith was destroyed, but refused to undergo deletion and broke free from the confines of the source, giving him abilities similar to The One which he only had limited while an Agent.When the Architect says that The One was around since the creation of the Matrix, he means that one Red pill in the Matrix will contain the code making said Red Pill into The One, and will fight to reach the source facilitating the function of The One. IE Each "One" is actually the Anomaly manifesting as a Red Pill in each iteration of the matrix. And no, Smith was completely destroyed in the 3rd movies ending when the Machine Leader sent a "Anti Virus / Reset" pulse through Neos Body, which is possible since Neo was Hardwired into the system when the pulse was emitted. Humanity thought of Neo to be The One since he was the one with the systemic anomaly code for the current version of the matrix. As for Smith destroying the virtual world, FilmTheory I believe misinterpreted the ending. Neo's code actually rebooted the system into its 7th version, not destroying the Matrix itself, and with the 7th iteration of the Matrix, the humans hardwired into the matrix were now free to leave the matrix should they desire, or remain in the system, which should be obvious with the conversation at the end between the Oracle and the Architect: "You played a dangerous game". "Change always is." "Just how long do you think this peace will last?" "As long as it can." "What about the others?" "What others?" "The ones that want out." "Obviously they will be freed." "I have your word?" "What do you think I am, human?"