Jalopy - "Driving simulator with a difference!"

Author Topic: Jalopy - "Driving simulator with a difference!"  (Read 2436 times)

copy-pasted from the steam store page
Navigate miles and miles of tyre changing, fuel burning, carburettor busting, mud clattering terrain, through night and day, rain and shine. Adapt to whatever the procedurally generated world of Jalopy can throw at you.

Upgrade, maintain and care for your Laika 601 Deluxe motor vehicle. Keep close attention to everything from the state of your tyres, the condition of your engine and even the space in your trunk. Repair each aspect of your scrappy little car and install unique upgrades to deal with the changing world. Everything from cargo weight to the condition of your carburettor will determine how your car performs on the open road.

The rise of capitalism brings an economical conundrum. Scavenge for scraps to make a small return of investment, or become a baron of the open road and smuggle contraband under the eyes of border patrols to make a sizable profit.

Developer Greg Pryjmachuk worked on the Formula 1 franchise from 2009 through to 2014. In late 2014, Greg began work on this new driving simulation featuring the fictional Laika 601 Deluxe car; reminiscent of the East German “Trabbie”, it will need much love and care to keep it going on this memorable road trip!

In my own experience, Jalopy is a neat little game where you're going on a roadtrip with your uncle. You have to maintain a not-so-perfect car on the way there that, as far as I can tell, often breaks down. You can purchase upgrades for the car, and trust me, there's already TONS to choose from- for every component listed above. Three fourths of each object's upgrades also change how it looks. There's also other things that you can put on your car, or buy for your car to repair parts. While it is early access, I've had enough fun that I recommend it to some of the people on the forums who enjoy these types of games.

no i take it back its in early access

this actually looks pretty fun
when I first saw it on steam I thought it was just gonna be like car mechanic sim so I didn't bother but there's some actual gameplay here

this actually looks pretty fun
when I first saw it on steam I thought it was just gonna be like car mechanic sim so I didn't bother but there's some actual gameplay here
In a way it is like car mechanic sim, just not as in-depth. You have to put every part of the engine together and you can take them off and exchange them. You have to fill the gas tank and.. well, a bunch of fancy stuff.
Definitely more in-depth than most games.

But at the same time there's a story and a goal, instead of just doing car stuff.

i have like a super mega old copy of this from when you could only just drive the car around near the apartment
i'm glad to see it has developed so much since then, it was already pretty cool even when it was that barebones

I bought this game a few days ago, I don't usually buy an Early Accees game at such early state but I see a lot of potential on this and I don't want to miss it out! And I love being able to fix up my car in games.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:22:47 AM by Filipe »

stock parts are stuff

this is one of those early access games that i am for sure getting

i drive around all the time in beamng just to drive, not even race or crash

hopefully this will be just as fun

If only I had five hundred jalopies!

If only I had five hundred jalopies!
Shut up, you red son of a bitch!

As a german i approve of this game so much!
Definatley getting it.

Instantly said yes to this when I saw this on Greenlight. It's been a lot of fun. Found a big box of liquor in the CSFR (it was banned in the CSFR during this journey). Sold them for 109 Mark each at the gas station up the road.

10/10 would bootleg again.