Miegakure, a 4D game

Author Topic: Miegakure, a 4D game  (Read 1981 times)

fuuuutuuuuureeee

ot: i wonder if next year we're gonna do 5th dimension games now

Wait so it's just a 3D game with an extra slice of dimension?

man before watching the videos I didn't think I'd get it at all but it actually makes sense

Someone at my school is doing the same thing with a game he's making.
Was cool to see the demo

Wait so it's just a 3D game with an extra slice of dimension?
Something like that. It doesn't seem truly possible to render in actual 4D without everything looking like an absolute indecipherable clusterforget.

Something like that. It doesn't seem truly possible to render in actual 4D without everything looking like an absolute indecipherable clusterforget.
You'd need a 3D screen for that, I think. a 1D screen can give an illusion of 2D, a 2D screen an illusion of 3D, so you need a 3D screen to have an illusion of 4D.
And you wouldn't be able to see all of it, since we're not in 4D space.
Fun fact: In 3D space, you can see everything in a 2D plane, and in 4D space, you can see everything in 3D space. Fun, right?

a 1D screen can give an illusion of 2D
no
Fun fact: In 3D space, you can see everything in a 2D plane, and in 4D space, you can see everything in 3D space. Fun, right?
what?

Moar explanations: a 1D screen would be a line of dots. It can give an illusion of what you'd see if you existed in 2D space in the same way a 2D screen (You're using one right now!) can give an illusion of 3D space.
Four-dimensional space allows you to see everything in 3D space (if there's nothing in a fourth dimension) because of the same reason that you can see everything on both sides of a 2D object looking at 2D space from 3D, and the same reasons you can get into a 3D house walking through the walls in 4D.

a 2D screen (You're using one right now!)
I could be viewing this on a futuristic 4d screen for all you know

Someone at my school is doing the same thing with a game he's making.
Was cool to see the demo
can you go over the detail? I find it hard to believe he actually made a *real* 4d engine because you need a pretty high level of mathematical knowledge to make one, not to mention implementing it.

can you go over the detail? I find it hard to believe he actually made a *real* 4d engine because only few people possess the mathematical knowledge required to make one, not to mention implementing it.
what about the mental capacity to even think about what your goal is for such a thing jfc

What the forget I didnt understand anything the dude said
What exactly makes this gane "4D"?