Author Topic: Base Raiders [v0.2.1]  (Read 24636 times)

drag stop please

whats the real richard move here, making an exact copy for people to enjoy, or hosting the original and having everyone love it and then stop hosting it and make it a private mod that you dont release
If you were to make.. let's say a deathrun. And you finish it, and people like it a lot. While you are hosting, I join and save bricks. You tell people that you won't be releasing the map, so I load bricks on my server, and host. You will be pretty ticked. Or. Let's say I don't directly copy bricks. But how about.. I load offset the save by like 3 bricks. You will be pissed.
Making a gamemode that is similar, is different than exactly copying it. Like, if you were to change some things up.. make your own version.. there would not be much of a problem. But you literally copied Reinforcement's in every aspect possible.
You should probably credit him in this topic. And probably more than a 'I loosely based mine off of Reinforcement's Base Raiders'.

Another thing I noticed is that the rules regarding building need to be clarified and expanded.

I might be hosting this after finals week.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=294640.msg8964316#msg8964316
you seem like a hypocrite now

stop going batstuff crazy over the fact jes remade base raiders. base raiders is a copy off of a gmod gamemode or something iirc.

its a richard move to keep something private, but a bigger richard move to remake the mod from scratch and release it to the public?? im not sure thats how this works...

The gang leader should be the only one allowed to /repo, people are sabotaging gangs by /repoing all their stuff.
Also, people can place water for some reason. That needs to be fixed.
It's like my server is a battleground that shows all the issues with the gamemode.

building phase, someone builds stairs and walls around my base, takes my printers money and keeps a shotgun aimed at me until the phase ends. oh, did I tell they isolated my printers from my base? totally unbalanced gamemode, full of spawnkilling and that weird bullstuff.

building phase, someone builds stairs and walls around my base, takes my printers money and keeps a shotgun aimed at me until the phase ends. oh, did I tell they isolated my printers from my base? totally unbalanced gamemode, full of spawnkilling and that weird bullstuff.
the point of base raiders is to defend your base. if you didn't stop them from building stairs and stuff around your base that's not the gamemodes fault; thats you being unable to defend your base.

Reinforcement's base raiders map was much better than afghan's in terms of balance, so you could effectively hide or make easily defensible bases.

The gang leader should be the only one allowed to /repo, people are sabotaging gangs by /repoing all their stuff.
Also, people can place water for some reason. That needs to be fixed.
It's like my server is a battleground that shows all the issues with the gamemode.
that's the gang leader's fault, for trusting the wrong people. the money is refunded anyways.
probably should just ban them if they continue to grief and stuff. maybe have it so that if you leave a gang, the money you have goes to the gang leader, rather than follow you out of the gang.

the point of base raiders is to defend your base. if you didn't stop them from building stairs and stuff around your base that's not the gamemodes fault; thats you being unable to defend your base.

Reinforcement's base raiders map was much better than afghan's in terms of balance, so you could effectively hide or make easily defensible bases.

how do I defend my base while I cant hurt the intruder and they just put barricades everywhere?

how do I defend my base while I cant hurt the intruder and they just put barricades everywhere?

they're not allowed to block you in or anything but they can build stairs on your base

if you didnt stop them from getting in your base during building phase its really your fault

the easiest way to be successful in base raiders is not to build an overt base but rather hide your base in walls and such.

the original base raiders map (reinforcements' map) made this easy/possible by having buildings with lots of rooms and no windows which allowed players to create chokepoints or disguise their base as part of a wall or floor or something. afghan really is a bad build for base raiders as the huge number of windows prevents effective barricading of a building for a gang to use.

one good way to make a defensible base is to spam a large number of high-HP bricks around and inside the entrances to the building you are using, and make them all doors. players can't get in/take a while to get in and you can easily hear them coming and respond in time.

having a good gang is also part of doing well so yeah, find some trustworthy players who are willing to help and start a gang together. the most trustworthy are the ones who join up while the gang is still new.

Just released an update. Fixed a bug with used city power and some other stuff. Added a Slayer pref for the min gang rank required for repoing.

EDIT: Also, when loading bricks, all bricks have to be paid for?
There isn't much I can do about it because of the order in which functions are called when you load bricks.
This shouldn't happen if you load them as public.
How do I enable vehicle spawn bricks? It says whenever I try to plant one, "This brick is RESTRICTED in this gamemode."
You can go into GameMode_BaseRaiders/Bricks/restrictedBricks.cs and change the line $BaseRaiders::BrickCost_["brickVehicleSpawnData"] = -1;
Either change the -1 to how much you want vehicles spawns to cost or change it to "" (or just remove the line) to make the cost of the brick automatically calculated based on it's size.
I didn't implement a system for buying vehicles. Only for restricting certain vehicles.

If someone wants to make a good map, I can set it as the default build for this gamemode if they like.

If someone wants to make a good map, I can set it as the default build for this gamemode if they like.
I modified the map featured in Super Murder Mystery to add, remove and change some stuff for the gamemode. I'm not too sure if you can set it right now tho, as you probably need to get permission from the guy who made it.
EDIT: Someone can probably make a map a lot better.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:13:18 PM by Mr Queeba »

Any more bugs that I don't know about?

Well you can spam the butterfly knife with super click apparently, pretty much takes stuff down instantly, so uh... yeah.