Author Topic: Why was I disqualified?! Film festival experience  (Read 553 times)

I don't post much here anymore but I'm just looking to share what happened to me last night

My highschool just created a film festival this year and having been super excited I decided to enter it. The day before the event they were showing snippets of each film on the announcements which mine were in. I entered one for comedy called "Super Steve" which was a silly sweded film. After buying tickets and getting my family and girlfriend all there for the night I was alarmed that of all the film posters there, none of mine were shown. After asking around they told me that my film had been disqualified for being "inappropriate."

Why was I was never told that the film was disqualified? Why was my disqualified film shown as an advert for the event if it wasn't even going to be in it? And how come nobody told me about it!? And why am I asking the Blockland forums!?
All questions I never got the answer to.

Anyways I just walked out with a refund (thankfully) but it was really embarrassing having to leave in front of my entire family.

The only thing I can find wrong with the video was that maybe it was violent with the depiction of safety scissors or that he said Jesus and God.
If you have any other ideas let me know:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ayx5wrJuY

Also keep in mind there was a film about a kid being murdered and a bomb in this film festival.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:35:46 PM by -Pablo- »

Religion is a really hot topic to schools nowadays.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what got it canned.

Even if its just saying the names of important figures, people still somehow get offended over that stuff sometimes.

Well it's common understanding among most Christians to not say the lord's name in vain
Maybe the disqualified it because it may have been offensive towards those type of people
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:48:07 PM by Path »

pretty gay they disqualified you without telling you or giving you a chance to change it