~SCARY ANIMAL THREAD~

Author Topic: ~SCARY ANIMAL THREAD~  (Read 4953 times)

This thread is just to show off some dangerous/scary animals people have learned about and would like to share information on the knowledge of their existence, and how to avoid, prepare, and fix the aftermath of a encounter with these creatures.
What i think would be a good way to organize some information is
  • Information on what to do in an encounter with this animal,
  • Information in regards on how to keep someone alive until medical help arrives, or on how to fix the wound itself if an encounter occurs with this animal, and even prevention of injuries with handling of these creatures.
  • Facts about what makes it deadly or spooky
  • Where they are generally located

Here's my contribution; The mantis shrimp

I couldn't dig up much on how to protect against the mantis shrimp, but honestly i think if you see one you should probably just avoid it and avoid disturbing the area around it.

To prevent injury; First things first, please don't try to pick this creature up; especially if it's in the wild. if they're caught in a net, remove them from a net with a stick or a pole, and never approach it and pick it up with your bare hands. Also wear gloves to prevent the spines from hitting you. Also when moving rocks underwater, don't pull the rocks upwards in your direction. always flip the rock over from the side farthest from yourself.. most mantis shrimp wounds are minor. When suffering from an attack, clean the wound with some gauze and rinse it out with fresh water, and hold pressure on it so that the bleeding eventually stops. if it still seeps out, taping it shut with medical tape may be the best decision.

It has forelegs that jolt out with great force and have been compared with the launching force of a 50 cal. bullet, which also have barbed spines. They often either slash and leave precise cuts, or punch and leave painful bruises.

They are usually located in Hawaii.

Bonus: here's some mantis shrimp anatomy;

Citation of information: All Stings Considered: First Aid and Medical Treatment of Hawai'i's Marine injuries© ; Craig thomas M.D and Susan Scott

humans
don't go near them they might try to talk to you

Whats the bobbit worm?

100% REAL AREA 51 COMBINING LAMPRAY AND HUMAN DNA LAMPRAY HUMANS WILL KILL US ALL RUN

Watch Cabin in The Woods