Author Topic: Bricks that sunlight can pass through?  (Read 701 times)

I'm planning a film project in the near future that involves an indoor scene and I was wondering if there is any way to make a brick that is not transparent but allows light through.  I'd rather just leave the sun set at exactly 12 o clock and set the colors right and let the light pass through the ceiling rather than use Blockland's broken lights system.  Tried turning raycasting off, that doesn't do anything.

I'm planning a film project in the near future that involves an indoor scene and I was wondering if there is any way to make a brick that is not transparent but allows light through.  I'd rather just leave the sun set at exactly 12 o clock and set the colors right and let the light pass through the ceiling rather than use Blockland's broken lights system.  Tried turning raycasting off, that doesn't do anything.
Edit your colorset so that all the trans values are 254 instead of 255. You'll notice a huge performance loss on big builds (since derendering hidden faces will be disabled) but sunlight will pass through.

ok i have no idea how to access that so can you tell me where i can find it in the blockland folder?

ok i have no idea how to access that so can you tell me where i can find it in the blockland folder?
navigate to here

(ignore the crossed out folder name - i have multiple blocklands in the blockland folder. yours will be under config/server.)

now make sure your server is closed (otherwise when you save and restart BL, it will overwrite the changes you made to your colorset)

when you open up your colorset.txt, you'll see something like this:

the numbers represent R G B A and the DIV's represent the color column name.
values are on the 0 to 255 scale; A stands for alpha e.g. transparency. 255 is opaque while 0 is 100% transparent.
just change all 255 values to 254, then save and start up bl.