Author Topic: Guess who designed the first minigun?  (Read 1285 times)

General Electric. They made the goddamned M61 Vulcan. The first loving electric company made one of the most well-known and feared conventional weapons to be used in the battlefield. I saw this during the Blockland Synchtube and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's just absurd how GENERAL ELECTRIC (starting to sound more like General Elektrk now) made the loving minigun.

Are there any other unlikely developers of well-known weapons?

hey remember paper cartridges

richard jordan gatling is my idol

I'm pretty sure the first modern flamethrowers in WW1 were designed by a German scientist who was also, ironically, a firefighter.

Also, a lot of the early flammenwerfer units were made up of firefighters.

Texas instruments makes guidance systems for missiles and bombs

war never changes

They also make calculators

war never changes
fuk u

EDIT: Apparently they made semiconductors as well (not invented)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:26:36 AM by Nymph »

hey remember paper cartridges
I make a bunch of those for my black powder revolvers

How fitting that they're named General Electric.

general electric is like the 18th biggest arms manufacturer in the united states. they build nukes.

Cadillac made tank engines during ww2, they may have made the entire tank but i'm not sure. Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and other german automakers entered a design contest during ww2 that I believe resulted in the tiger or some other main battle tank.

Rolls Royce produces fighting vehicles.

in the top 25 theres
Boeing on 2nd
Rolls-Royce on 17nd

Saab makes weapons too http://saab.com/naval/
and im 90% sure Sony made fighter jets but i cant find a link on it

general electric is like the 18th biggest arms manufacturer in the united states. they build nukes.
I can't believe a company that builds nuclear bombs is only the 18th biggest arms manufacturer in the United States.